“Reservation Nightmare”
Review of White Dove Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
White Dove Cottage
Ranked #38 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Frederick, Maryland
“Reservation Nightmare”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I booked the White Dove Cottage on 10/5/13 for a 3 day stay on 10/21/13. My girlfriend was taken to the emergency room on 10/18/13 and was diagnosed with cancer. Her first doctor's appointment was set for 10/21/13, so I called and asked to move the reservation to 10/28/13. White Dove accommodated my request. During the appointment, the doctor wanted to start aggressive radiation because the cancer was diagnosed as stage 4. I called White Dove and explained the situation. They refused to give me back my deposit of $275.00 because I hadn't called 3 weeks in advance. If you notice, I hadn't made the reservation until 3 weeks before. White Dove did agree to change my reservation to May, and I agreed, hoping my girlfriend would improve.
Since my girlfriend has not been improving and has limited mobility, I called February 3rd and told them that our chances of keeping the reservation were slim, I requested my deposit back. White Dove refused. Since this was a medical reason, and, I was actually unable to call 3 weeks in advance, I think it is morally irresponsible and very greedy of White Dove.
I would recommend never booking with them, since they don't seem to have any character when dealing with well-meaning guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
15 Thank H S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the White Dove Cottage last week with my fiancé and my dog. We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. The bed and breakfast is located on a quiet street only two blocks from the beach and numerous restaurants. We stayed in the Lady Susann suite which was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. We enjoyed sitting on the porch reading and watching the horse and buggys go by. We were happy that there was wifi. Alison was a great host. We will definitely consider staying here again when we come back to Cape May next summer or fall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

As a seasoned 25 years plus annual visitor to Cape May I was thrilled to be referred here and awestruck by the beauty and historic authenticity of The White Dove Cottage. Alison the proprietor's warm hospitality and conversation is enhanced by her delicious and varied breakfast menus. This was my first of what I plan to be many more visits here.

• Stayed September 2013
Westchester, NY
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Loved our stay at the White Dove Cottage! Clean rooms & bathroom, quiet, pleasant, and pet-friendly. Lovely hostess and delicious breakfasts! Big porch with rocking chairs and located in a gorgeous neighborhood as well. Wifi :). Main shopping strip is ~2 minutes away on foot. Really enjoyed the trolley tours around town and horse-drawn carriage ride. Lots to do (helpful activity books in room). Many awesome places to eat too! Would love to re-visit Cape May and stay at the White Dove again! My husband and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gowanda NY
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just arrived home from our ninth visit to Cape May and our ninth stay at the White Dove Cottage. Love everything there..our room, wonderful breakfasts, and the front porch. Perfect location..close to beach, shops and restaurants. Thank you Alison :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bdhink
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We recently returned to the White Dove and were not disappointed. Hostess Alison took care of all our needs; cooked and served marvelous, mouth-watering breakfasts; provided dog-friendly quarters; and enjoyed our snoozing and relaxing on her quiet-street front porch complete with rocking chairs and morning paper. Can't wait to return to this escape from reality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EdwardBonekemper
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We always love our stay at the White Dove Cottage Bed and Breakfast!! It sits on one of the most beautiful tree lined streets in Cape May. It is perfectly located 2 blocks from the beach and right around the corner from Washington Square. We are treated every morning with an amazing breakfast, two of our favorites, eggs in a basket and lemon ricotta pancakes. Allison, the in- keeper, always keeps in mind the fact that we are vegetarians, when preparing our breakfast.
After a day, at the beach, we enjoy sitting on the beautiful porch in the wooden rocking chairs, reading and watching the horse and buggy's go by.
We just returned home from our 7th visit to the White Dove Cottage, it has truly become our home away from home.

• Stayed June 2013