“Jersey SHORE at it's BEST”
Review of Victorian Lace Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victorian Lace Inn
Ranked #22 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2006

I returned to the Victorian Lace Bed & Breakfast for my second trip recently. I found this beautiful B&B to be just as special as my first visit to the New Jersey "shore". Last year I went with four friends and this year with my family. I was happy to find the innkeepers, Andy and Carrie, there on the large front porch welcoming me back. The rooms at the Victorian Lace are all different, but all lovely and immaculately clean. The staff is very attentive to all your needs. You will enjoy the daily, fabulous breakfast on the front porch with fresh coffee and new friends who are also staying at the inn. Cape May is a town with so much character and this inn has a great location in the midst of it and only a block from the ocean. The innkeepers kept us well-informed on locat activities and "must see" places to go (although it was hard to leave the front porch). It is a restful, relaxing place to stay with enough action right around the corner to keep the whole family entertained. GO there---enjoy!

5  Thank Kathleen C

Boston MA
Reviewed March 24, 2006

The inn was beautiful and comfortable. We had a very enjoyable stay and loved the proximity to the downtown area and beach. The inn staff was friendly and the inn keepers made us feel like their home was our home. The inn was clean and well maintained. Breakfast served out on a beautiful porch was a perfect way to start the day. Such a pleasant and relaxing get away. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed March 8, 2006

We were looking forward to have some relaxing and luxurious time for the weekend. We paid the in-season price for one-night stay during a very off-season. What we got was not worth the money paid. Breakfast was nothing to write home about except for the fact that it was not served on plastic plates. When we first entered the house, I smelled food odors instead of some nice welcome-home fragrant. That was after a very strange welcome by the assistant innkeeper who kept us at the doorway while the cold wind was blowing and insisting that they don’t allow early check-in (1 hour at that time). What she forgot was that she had promised to let me know if that was a problem when I made the reservation. She never returned my call even from the day before we headed out to Cape May. We’re sure that good intention was there to make the place a nice bed and breakfast some years ago. But not now, it seems priority on making as much money with as little as possible rather than a place where people would guarantee to have a very good time and return.

• Stayed: January 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed September 14, 2005

6 of us ladies stayed at the Inn September 9-11th. I highly recommend this magnificent Inn to anyone, the Inn keepers are the nicest people you would ever want to meet, the staff are very friendly, kind and courteous, and provided impeccable service, the accomodations were excellent, we stayed in one of the condos and it was beautiful, everything in there seems to be brand new, actually it looks just like the pictures posted on the website, the location is excellent just five doors from the beach. We all loved it so much that we are going to make this an annual outing. It is not very often that you can get 6 women together and all of them be totally pleased but this is what happended on the weekend that we stayed at the Victorian Lace Inn, we are diffently going to stay there again.

Stayed: September 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thousand Oaks, CA
Reviewed September 5, 2004

Recently, after staying at the Angel of the Sea for 3 nights, we stayed at the Victorian Lace for 2 nights. The Victorian is great! Its a family run Inn and the family (the O'Sullivans) live on site. So the upkeep of the Inn is excellent. The owners are very friendly as are their employees. The breafasts are excellent as are the evening cookies! The rooms are suites and each has a kitchen, bath and bedroom. The decor is everything you would expect and more and every room is clean and comfortable. The "highlight" of our stay was playing with the owner's Golden Retriever, "JJ". He's very mellow and friendly and loves your attention. He keeps to his part of the house (should you happen to not be a dog person) but will glady meet you at the gate to the foyer and receive your attention. Overall, our stay at the Victorian Lace was excellent!!. We intend to return again and again.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 14, 2004

I won the trip from a radio station. What a pleasant surprise. Stayed in this Bed and Breakfast suite. Two bedrooms, two gas fireplaces, a living room and kitchenette and a sun deck. My husband and two teenage children spent two nights. We loved it. Breakfast was included with the reservation. Delicious food both mornings. The staff was very attentive and pleasant. House was very clean and the yard was beautiful. Close to beach and walking distance to everything in town. I can't say enough about the place. I would highly recommend this B&B and would definitly stay again. Give me a shout if your interested and have any questions.
A thumbs up for sure!

I've also stayed at Angel of the Sea (not so great) and the Victorian Lace Inn for less money blows it away. Less money, way bigger room (s), much cleaner, and closer to the action.

Highly recommend Victorian Lace Inn.

21  Thank Ang1962