“Perfect Stay!”
Review of Victorian Lace Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victorian Lace Inn
Ranked #20 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Carrie and Andy welcomed my family, boyfriend, and our puppies to the Victorian Lace Inn. My boyfriend, our mini doxies and I stayed in Seabee's Seashore Retreat which is one of the dog friendly accommodations. It is large and immaculate but at the same time cozy and homey. My family stayed in the Leitrim Suite which is stunning. My dad and I enjoyed breakfast every morning, and it was delicious. My younger brother and mom enjoy sleeping in and missed breakfast. Attentive to her guests, Carrie did not skip a beat and generously set aside fruit plates and tea for them to enjoy. We cannot wait to return to Cape May and when we do we will be sure to stay at the Victorian Lace Inn.

Room Tip: Two dog friendly rooms. SeaBee's Seashore Retreat is one floor and has a lovely, large, private...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Really nice to see your review online. Hopefully we will see you all back again (including the puppies!) Summers coming and teachers need vacation too!

There are newer reviews for Victorian Lace Inn

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My girlfriend, our dogs, and I loved Victorian Lace Inn! We spent two nights at the end of January in front of the fire and even braved the beach. We stayed in the Bantry Cottage which is dog friendly. It was cozy, immaculately clean, and extremely comfortable.
We didn't have the pleasure of meeting Carrie and Andy, but I had two great phone conversations with Carrie and she could not have been more accomodating.
Kristin was taking care of the Inn while we were there. She was fantastic and prepared a superb breakfast!
We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: I cannot comment on the rooms in the main house, but if they are comparable to the Bantry Cottage, y...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My sister and parents spent a few days at the Victorian Lace Inn for New Years 2014. The staff was friendly, and accommodating. The Inn has some dog friendly rooms where my sister, her gentleman friend and her two mini-dachshunds were able to enjoy the weekend with us. The room my parents and I stayed in was beautiful with two different fireplaces. I am a school teacher and relish in time off when I can actually enjoy sleeping in and did not make it down for breakfast. However my family enjoyed breakfast each morning. As for me, Carrie was very sympatric and asked if there was anything would like for when I wake up. She then created a lovely fruit plate and set it aside for me. We look forward to returning to the Victorian Lace Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thanks so much! We enjoyed having you all. Glad you got to relax before getting back to your first graders. We do look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband, 12 year old twin daughters and our dog decided to visit Cape May during Christmas week and what a wonderful time we had staying in the Bantry Cottage at the Victorian Lace Inn. Fitting in with the Victorian theme, the Inn itself was was beautifully decorated. Carrie and Andy (and Kristin too) were so welcoming and informative. We were so relaxed and happy. The cottage met our needs perfectly and the breakfasts were fabulous! We loved it so much we have already booked again for the summer!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thanks so much for your comments. We really enjoyed having you all. Looking forward to seeing you this summer!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The wife and I booked the Donegal Room for 10/25-10/27 and had a wonderful stay. Carrie and Andy, the owners, were very helpful with restaurant recommendations and things to do in the area. The Inn itself was charming and the breakfasts they provided each morning hit the spot. They never stopped wanting to be great hosts and we plan on going back next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is so great to meet new guests and have them return. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed in the Wicklow suite. Very comfortable king size bed and spacious bedroom. Off from the bedroom is a room that doubles as the television room and kitchen. Small kitchenette that was very clean. Bathroom was very clean. My only complaint was that the shower was too small which made it hard to move around inside. Breakfast each morning was excellent. The innkeepers and their staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a cold and rainy week, but it was still nice to sit on their porch. The inn is about one block from the beach and shopping area.

Room Tip: Go on their website to find the best room that suits you. Then call them up and ask about the room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with this review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on room cleanliness and strive to insure that our breakfasts are enjoyed by all. It is our hope that when folks visit our Inn they enter as guests and leave as friends. We hear you about the shower. Unfortunately, these old shore cottages were not built with the idea of private baths with each bedroom so some bathrooms needed to be small in order to accommodate more "modern" preferences. There are other options with other units. Two actually have oversized jacuzzis as well as showers. Your suggestion for prospective guests to contact us directly if they have any concerns about the room they choose is a good one. Thanks again and we hope to see you back again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just returned from our (maybe 8th visit). In our cozy girlfriend weekend room. Have gone before with family, always a wonderful getaway in this beautiful home. Carrie and Andy are gracious hosts, they know us now. Love to play the piano after yummy breakfast. Only problem is that I had to finally go home! Highly recommend-and I do!

Room Tip: All lovely!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We always enjoy your return. You have become friends over the years and we always look forward to seeing you. There is something special about "girlfriend week-ends" and we are thrilled that you have found us to be a favorite! Love it when I hear the piano music. Other guests are fortunate when you are with us because they can enjoy a mini-concert! Look forward to your next visit