“Best place to stay when you visit Cape May!”
Review of Victorian Lace Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victorian Lace Inn
Ranked #20 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Victorian Lace Inn on several occasions (two Christmas visits, two Valentine's Day visits and one New Year's Eve visit) and will return again. Cape May is a lovely place to visit at any time of the year, but if you want relaxation, excellent (if indulgent) breakfasts and lovely company, stay at the Victorian Lace Inn. And if you want to be pampered, visit their spa and get a massage or a facial. ;-)

Room Tip: We have stayed in two different suites, Leitrim and Cork. While the first offered Victorian decor...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HandL19380

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Somewhere between quaint and majestic, this beautiful Victorian B&B is just 5 doors from the ocean in Cape May. An off-season visit in the winter was made all the more pleasant by the fireplace in our spacious, third floor suite. The rooms were comfortable and tastefully furnished (except, perhaps for too much wicker in the sitting room, not the coziest), complete with a kitchen which would be ideal for a longer stay. The room rate – probably seasonal – was surprisingly reasonable for the location and amenities. The proprietors were as charming as their building, and the breakfast was delicious, even though it wasn’t served until 9 am, a bit late I think. I enjoy visiting anywhere at a non-peak time, and this inn was the highlight of our visit to the shore resort in the winter. Victorian Lace Inn is a find, any time of the year!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulWhelihan
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Great stay and wonderful people here. Immaculate rooms and wonderful location in Cape May. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
609-884-1772, Owner at Victorian Lace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you for posting a review. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

If you are looking for a peaceful getaway in the middle of January, look no further than the Victorian Lace Inn. I spent a rejuvenating week in the Bantry Cottage and looked forward to Debra's breakfast creations every morning. Her tomato and oregano egg bake and pumpkin pancakes were amazing. And of course how can i forget Nicole's coconut macaroons. During this year I have visited other B&Bs on the east coast and none have compared with the comfort and service the Victorian Lace Inn provides. Can't wait until my next visit.

Room Tip: If you want to be isolated select the Bantry Cottage.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo

So nice to hear that you enjoyed your winter getaway with us. We do look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Cape May is one of my parent's favorite places to visit and they always stay at the Victorian Lace Inn so when they suggested a weekend family getaway, the reservations were made. Having never been to a B&B myself, I wasn't sure what to expect. The moment we walked in the door, we were made to feel at home by Carrie and Andy. They were both so welcoming and accommodating, and we immediately felt comfortable. The Cork Suite is amazing. From the two level suite...which offers TONS of room...to the king sized bed with fireplace and balcony....to the amazing bathroom with jacuzzi for two....it was everything we had hoped it would be. AND MORE. The breakfast was delicious. The coffee fresh. The service, impeccable. If that wasn't enough, the smile on my face every time I saw their Golden Doodle, Seabee sealed the deal. The only disappointing part of our weekend was having to leave. Will we return? You bet!! We will be attending a wedding in Cape May in April and have already discussed coming down early so that we can spend more time at the inn. We would be hard pressed to stay anywhere else. In fact, there is nowhere else we'd rather stay than The Victorian Lace Inn. The Cork Suite is beyond words but in the spirit of trying new things, the next time, I think we'll try out the Bantry Cottage. Carrie and Andy are terrific and we look forward to seeing them, and Seabee very soon!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jamynne
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This Inn is the best! Great food, comfy beds, spacious rooms and the most delightful inn keepers ever. Our group of ladies has spent part of June there for 19 consecutive years. I took my granddaughter there in October and spent time there in August with other friends. It's a wonderful place in a wonderful family oriented town. I recommend it with the highest regard possible.
Mary from Lancaster, PA

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed at the Victorian Lace Inn for one night, and it was fantastic. I came down to Cape May for a bird watching trip, so while it was a brief trip, I plan on returning to this inn for a longer stay with my husband next time. The room (Donegal) was lovely - and bigger than I thought it would be. It was spotless...the whole inn was clean as a whistle, which is something I cannot say for every B&B I have stayed at in Cape May. I got up way too early for breakfast, but Carrie thoughtfully prepared muffins and juice for me the night before, and she put them in my little fridge to have in the morning.The staff were very sweet, and Seabee the dog is the best! Parking was also quite easy to find only a block away. Thank you so much, I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo