The Harrison
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$93
$69
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$141
$90
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$169
The Virginia Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$152
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$199
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$149
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$159
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
$64
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$137
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$140
$136
Hotels.com
All reviewssummer cottageafternoon teabreakfast was deliciousb brenaissance roomguest pantrybeach bagmy husband and ibeach chairscan't wait to go backprivate entrancebaked goodsparked our carowners and stafffront porchperfect locationromantic weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2006

We arrived at 4PM (check-in from 2 to 8), and found a note stuck in the door, it told us how to get into our room. The cottage in the back was quiet and had a nice garden and a charming little porch. The immediate area is one of the nicest in Cape May, and lovely to stroll day or night.

A small room, but clean, nice and comfy bed. Bathroom was small but sufficed. The real reason to be in Cape May is the stuff to do, so we are not room-obsessed, but if we wanted time to relax/read/knit, the cottage would have been too small.

Very quiet and relaxing night, no noise. Breakfast is served in a very narrow window between 8:30 and 9:30; it was a weekend, so we decided to skip the breakfast and sleep in; I wish there'd been more flexibility there.

When we check out, a silent woman - an employee? - came to the door and took the room key. That was it. I might be wrong, but some sort of contact with the owners or management would be a good thing. That's sort of the point of the b'n'b' experience.

All told, it was a nice stay, but I think we will try a new B'n'B on our next trip, perhaps spending a bit more to get more.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank JoshuaVincent
Reviewed June 11, 2006

The price was right, the location even better. The inn is very charming, clean and nicely furnished. The location couldn't be better - 2 blocks from the beach on a lovely and quiet street, and two blocks from the shopping promenade. Here's the quirky part... I have no idea who the innkeeper actually is! No one ever introduced themself to us, or even asked who we were or how we'd like to pay for our stay! When we arrived, a note was left on the door, telling us to let ourselves in and the key to our room would be in the lock of our room door. Over the course of our weekend, two asian women occasionally appeared to clean the rooms and serve the breakfast - again, not speaking to any of the guests. I'm not a fan of intrusive or nosey innkeepers, but is a hello, how are you, too much to ask? Checkout was the same as check in. I left the key in the door and departed. The credit card I provided for the deposit was charged for the remainder of the stay. What if I had preferred to pay the difference in cash or by other means?

The only other complaints I have are minor and relate to the accomodations.
- The picture on the website of the room I stayed in, was not accurate. It showed a lovely victorian fainting couch. What we actually had was a wicker settee.
- The bed was lumpy - but tolerable
- The dishes were not properly washed. They had an "odor" of sour milk and raw eggs.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank anagel
A TripAdvisor Member
bucks county, pa
Reviewed September 10, 2005

We just got back from 2 nights at the Summer Cottage Inn. The house and accomodations were great. It was authentically victorian and our room which was the Empire room, was very clean and nice. Upon arriving we rang the bell for the inn keeper and a woman (she didn't introduce herself) quickly took us to our room. She showed us the combination for the entrance, told us there was a guest kitchen on the 3rd floor and that there were guest bikes and sand chairs in the back. That is all that we saw of her. We really enjoyed having the bikes to use but wish we knew that there were towels and chairs available b/c we ended up lugging ours from home.
The next morning Jessica was the innkeeper and seemed friendly. One of the other guests was complaining to her about the innkeeper the previous day. We didn't get to talk to her but some of the other guests were raving about her. Coffee was served every morning at 7:30 and breakfast was 8:30-9:30. The breakfast was on the small side. I was expecting more of a choice. The first morning this is what they had: cantaloupe (my husband said it was good), ham, and we think bread pudding (a lot of people complained it was too sweet),cereal and toast. The second morning it was: bacon, blueberry muffins, egg and onion casserole (I don't eat onions so I was out of luck), and cereal and toast. Would of liked to see some eggs or french toast or something. In the afternoon around 3 they put out cheese and crackers and some sort of sweet (one day it was brownies and the other a chocolate bundt cake) along with iced tea and lemonade. The porch was very nice with lots of rocking chairs and a swing.
We loved Cape May and will definitely be back but we will try and find a better B&B with a better breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2005

The Summer Cottage Inn is located close to everything, beach, washington shopping, historic sites. However, I expected more from this B&B after reading the reviews. We had called to arrange a late arrival, when we got there an hour earlier than we expected we found the only staff member leaving. She admitted that she had forgotten about us. Thank goodness we got there when we did. Her welcome was short and a bit rushed. Over the next two days we found several small ants crawling in our room. The breakfast was on the small side, some guests had to actually wait for more food when they fell behind. My husband had shared that it was our first anniversary with the staff, but they made no mention of it to us, not even a "happy anniversary".
Overall, for the price you can find much better in Cape May.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank klmal
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 31, 2005

My husband and I decided to go to Cape May last minute for a short weekend. The Summer Cottage Inn had a wonderful room (Empire Room) available on a Friday night with an excellent rate and private bath. The Inn was very clean. We had a nice breakfast on the outside porch on these nicely decorated tables with candles. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2005