“Wow, What a Place”
Review of The Queen Victoria

The Queen Victoria
Ranked #4 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We visit the Queen Victoria each year around the holidays. We find that we stay up really late and get up really early. We do not want to have our eyes closed for a single moment longer than absolutely necessary. That is how beautiful this place is.

The food and hospitality are beyond compare. Do yourself a favor...book a stay immediately.

Room Tip: If you can get the signature room "The Queen Victoria," you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thanks so much for this great review. I'm so glad that your annual Christmas season visit was another great one for you. It is always a pleasure seeing you and I'm really glad that I had a chance to have a couple of great chats with you both.

I hope that your New Year celebration was a good one and that 2014 treats you both very well.

Thanks,

There are newer reviews for The Queen Victoria

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i recently stayed at the Queen Victoria. This was the 2nd time we stayed there. The first time we went was in the summer. This B & B is great all year round. We stayed in the King Edward room which was great. The room was very spacious, clean, we had our own balcony and our own parking space. The staff is amazing. Very polite, helpful and friendly. The breakfast is delicious. Always fresh and a nice variety. We enjoyed the afternoon tea time as well.
Cape May is a great place to visit in the summer and winter. In the summer we went to the beach and used the bikes Queen Victoria provided to ride around the town. It's great the bikes are included! We also visited the lighthouse and a few wineries. In December we walked around the town and went to a nice dinner. The town was beautifully decorated for Christmas. I highly recommend visiting the Queen Victoria and Cape May!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thanks so much for the great review. It would make a great advertisement for both Cape May and The Queen Victoria. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay in the King Edward room. It is certainly one of my own favorites. It sounds like you even got to enjoy the balcony, even in December! Now that you've tried Summer & Winter, we're going to have to get you to try Spring & Fall! There are always lots of great events in Cape May during those months.

Thanks again,

Doug McMain

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I have been visiting the QV every Christmas for the past 15 years. The Queen is the "gold standard" for B&Bs in my opinion and I would highly suggest visiting it if you're headed for Cape May. The food at breakfast is served buffet style and is always wonderful. The Inn also has tea and "goodies" at 4 p.m. every afternoon. Everything is homemade. The Innkeepers are Doug and Anna Marie who are very cordial, welcoming, helpful and old friends. The QV is 2 blocks from the beach is you're interested in visiting Cape May in the summer.

All the rooms are different, comfortable, reasonably priced and can be viewed on the Queen Victoria's Website.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful and unique. Check out their website for the one that appeals to you.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this great review Scott. It's hard to believe that we've had the pleasure of your company for 10 Christmas's already! It is always wonderful to share the "Queen" with you. We're so pleased and proud to be your "Home for the Holidays" every Christmas.

We wish you and Pam a very Happy New Year, and a great 2014. See you next Christmas!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Had a terrific two night stay at the Queen right in the heart of Cape May. Really nicely decorated, very clean and well stocked. Breakfast and afternoon tea were well done with lots of choices. We've been back many times and look forward to the next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

I love the title of your review Tom. Cape May truly is a Christmas Wonderland (I'm biased, but I think The Queen Victoria is too, all by itself). I hope that your visit to The Queen Victoria filled you with Christmas Cheer.

We really appreciate you taking the time to post this nice review. More than that, though, we truly appreciate your many return visits at our inn. They say more than any review every could! I hope that we'll have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We were so impressed during our first stay at The Queen Victoria that we have been going back every year since for our anniversary and added a stay in December this year to see the Christmas decorations. We extended our stay another day but had to move to another room due to bookings. We packed up and the staff moved our luggage to the new room. Great rooms, helpful and friendly. Doug and Anna Marie along with their staff really are the "Best of the Best".

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. All rooms are good. During the Summer - rooms on upper floor with balconies...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thanks so much for this great review Sam. It was a pleasure seeing you and Kathy last week, as always. I'm glad that the room switch worked out OK for you. We prefer not to have to move people from room to room, as we don't want to inconvenience our guests in any way. Some guests love getting to experience multiple rooms, though, so you can never tell. I'm glad that you enjoyed your Christmas season visit so much. I know we'll be seeing you in a few months, so until then, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

After staying in many other B&Bs in Cape May we came across Queen Victoria about nine years ago and wouldn't think I'm going anywhere else.itswonderful to be there and the way you're treated like a family member rather than just a guest Doug and Annamarie are the nicest people you will ever meet

• Stayed: November 2013

With this user name I'm not quite sure who you are, but I really appreciate you taking the time to post this lovely review. I'm so pleased that after trying several other inns in Cape May you decided that The Queen Victoria was the place to call home for all of these years. Thanks so much for your loyal patronage of The Queen Victoria. I'm sure you know how much we appreciate it.

Merry Christmas to you!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast in Cape May. We stayed in the Hampton Court suite in Prince Albert Hall. It was recommended by a friend. We were not disappointed. The suite was beautiful. The gas fireplace was warm and cozy. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was decorated for the holidays in true Victorian style. My husband especially liked their special blend coffee. Maria was very helpful and made dinner reservations for us. We especially liked how everything was so close. We could walk to shops, restaurants, even church. We enjoyed the trolley ride of the Christmas lights and the visit to the Emlen Physic (sp.) mansion. What a lovely treat for us to begin the holiday season!

Room Tip: The Hampton Court suite was separated from the rest of the house which was nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post this beautiful review Pat. I'm glad your friend inspired you to stay with us and that his advice turned out so well for you. I really love the Hampton Court suite for its rich and elegant wall coverings and beautiful antique furniture. I'm pretty fond of our new custom Queen Victoria Blend of coffee too, so we have a lot in common. We're very fortunate to be so ideally situated in the heart of beautiful Cape May. Like you, most of our guests park their cars when they arrive and never need or use them during their entire visit. Thank you for making The Queen Victoria your home in Cape May this Thanksgiving. It really is the perfect way to kick off the Christmas season.

Thanks,