“Great B&B”
Review of The Queen Victoria

The Queen Victoria
Ranked #4 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at the Queen Victoria last year and came back. We had a great room with a balcony overlooking the street. The room was very clean and the staff adds a lot of personal touches for returning guests. Everyone was very accommodating and we love the breakfast in the morning. Looking forward to returning for another visit, maybe we will try it at Christmas instead of the summer this time.

2  Thank tratrh
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this review. Thank you even more for making a return visit to The Queen Victoria. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Queen Victoria. I'm also glad that you appreciated the little extras we do for returning guests. We LOVE returning guests, and we're fortunate to have a lot of them.

Christmas really is a great time to experience Cape May in a whole different light. It is a magical place during Christmas ... you'll feel like you stepped into a Dicken's Christmas Village. Hope to see you then!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

There are many accolades one could give to The Queen Victoria.I quess the best place to start with is the ever smiling Inn Keepers Doug and Anna Marie! They have something to smile about!The finest Inn.Clean with attention to detail, a happy staff (they must treat them well as everyone we saw was courteous and smiling too) A bountiful and beautiful breakfast served on the porch and in the new outdoor sitting area..so relaxing..with something for everyone! Oh how about a cup of freashly roasted and freashly ground coffee.Breakfast shouldn't end! As you enjoy,Doug or Anna Maria can give you ideas of what and where you can eat or explore. We stayed in the Prince Of Whales this time (we have been many times) Loved the window nook great place to enjoy our nicely chilled Champaign.Our Canopy bed was so comphy! Choccolate at bedside yum!
It is like being home without the effort! Cape May is our distination but the QV is our home away from home! InnKeepers that never rest..they are extra extra-ordinary...

Room Tip: Crown Jewel -amazing 2 floors, Osborne/ so beautiful, Whitehall/ upstairs in Queens Cottage is also...
1  Thank Playdate
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Hi Toni-Ann. I love this review, especially the title of it. Thanks so much!

It was wonderful to welcome you back to The Queen Victoria last week. It is always a pleasure to see you and Alan. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit. I think it is wonderful that you view The Queen Victoria as your home in Cape May. That is EXACTLY how I want all of our guests to feel about it.

Thanks again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

A lovely bed and breakfast in downtown Cape May. Well appointed clean rooms with very friendly staff and a hearty breakfast. It is what the Jersy shore used to be before all the motels and chain hotels. Would recommend to couples.

Room Tip: upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kclud
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Queen Victoria. We certainly emphasize cleanliness and we try to put everything in our rooms that we think our guests could possibly need. A visit to Cape May really is like stepping back in time in many ways. The beautiful Victorian architecture that has been preserved is the most obvious, of course, but the absense of chain restaurants and motels/hotels certainly lends to that feeling as well. I hope you'll be returning for another visit to Cape May soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was our first time in Cape May and we loved it. I was travelling with my 11 year old son, and The Queen Victoria is a perfect place to stay. The rooms are big and clean, and I don't think I have ever slept in a more comfortable bed. The staff is friendly, and make you feel welcome and at home. If we ever get a chance to go back to Cape May we'll definitly be staying at Queen Victoria!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Beate B

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about The Queen Victoria with the T/A world. I'm glad that you and your son enjoyed your visit to The Queen Victoria. I'm so happy that you found Cape May on your U.S. trip this year. It was a pleasure to meet you and share our wonderful town with you. I hope we will get to see you again one day, but I know that we are a long way from Norway!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have visited The Queen Victoria many times including a stay in February which is not exactly beach time. Anne-Marie and Doug are perfect hosts and go out of their way to be welcoming, friendly and available along with their fine staff. The rooms are beautifully decorated and every detail is attended to. We have visited many B&B's over the years and we note that the breakfast served at The Queen Victoria is above and beyond and truly delicious. Cape May is a joy to visit with many fine restaurants and a beautiful beach and boardwalk and it is a lovely spot to visit any time of the year. We definitely will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2happytravelers2013

Thanks so much for posting this lovely review. I'm so pleased that The Queen Victoria has become your go-to place to stay in Cape May. We really appreciate your continued business. I'm also glad that you enjoy our breakfasts so much. It is important to us that our guests have a nice variety of choices at breakfast every morning in addition to our ever popular entree dishes. I hope we'll get to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our 4th time staying in Cape May at the Queen Victoria. Once again, Doug and Anna Marie, you have shown us the time of our lives. Each time we stay at your B&B is a wonderful experience and each time better than the last. Your staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was very very comfortable. The service couldn't get much more high end. We enjoyed your breakfast and tea times. We also appreciated the use of your bikes. But most of all we appreciated the hospitality and the comfort you and your staff offered us during our visit. Thanks again. -- Scott and Maureen Smith

1  Thank sms101468
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thanks so much for the great review. Thank you even more for your continued patronage of The Queen Victoria. I'm so pleased that each visit has been better than the last! I sure hope we can keep up that pace. You're latest room, the Prince of Wales, is one of my favorites. Between the ocean view, the beautiful canopy bed and the charming claw foot tub, it has a lot to offer.

I hope that we'll get to see you again next summer!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I have been to Cape May 3 times, and each time we've stayed at the Queen Victoria "House of Royals" in the Princess Louise room. It is a 3rd floor room with high ceilings, angled walls, and ocean views out of each of the 3 windows. One of the most affordable rooms on the property but still very quaint and a good size.
The Queen Victoria is actually 4 buildings on the corner of Ocean and Columbia. The House of Royals has an interesting history as being a gambling hall, a brothel...and haunted. Enjoy your evenings sitting on the porch swing and listen to the ghost tours tell intriguing tales of the building's history and "occupants". In our recent visit (July 2013) my wife felt something brush against her leg while in our room. Nothing was there. Owner Anne Marie suggests maybe it was the gown of one of the ghostly girls of the night. Nothing harmful - just alarming, interesting, and memorable. We thought it added to the appeal - nothing to be scared of!

The owners really know how to treat their guests. Turndown service every night with chocolates, prompt housekeeping every morning, a mini-kitchen stocked with glasses, ice, soda, water, tea, keurig-cup coffee. For special occasions, the owners have been known to provide complimentary gifts, a very nice touch from very nice people. A good breakfast is provided every day, and although we didn't get to take advantage of it, they offer an afternoon tea every day as well. Cruiser bikes, comfortable beach chairs and towels are available free-of-charge to guests. Anne Marie was very helpful rescheduling our dinner reservation for us while we were delayed in traffic.
All this, one block from the beach. Can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike_ippolito
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thanks for the great review Mike. More importantly, thank you for your patronage. We really appreciate you making The Queen Victoria your home in Cape May. I'm so glad that you guys enjoy your time here so much. I hope you'll get an opportunity to return soon!

Thanks again,