The Queen Victoria
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$179
$160
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$139
$116
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$309
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$219
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$229
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$218
Avondale by the Sea(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$190
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
$166
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$213
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$223
1,111 results
All reviewsdoug and anna marieafternoon teacrown jewelbed and breakfastprince of walesstocked pantrymy husband and ibeach chairsturn down serviceother guestsowners and staffwhirlpool tubbottled watermain buildingthought of everythingeach morningthe entire staff
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visit the Queen Victoria for the first time in Cape May. It is wonderful place to stay, Clean, the food is great Anna Marie & Doug can't do enough to make you feel at home & comfortable. They are right there for all your needs.The rooms for beautiful too. If you visit Cape May NJ, That is the place to stay. My husband will definetly be back.
R & D Lawrence

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
1  Thank DeeLaw14NJ
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thanks so much for your endorsement! I agree that we are the best place to stay, but I'm a little biased. My wife Anna Marie and I will do anything we can to insure that our guests have the best possible Cape May experience. I'm so glad that it worked out that way for you.

Thanks for the wonderful review!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

It seems repetitive to keep reviewing the Queen Victoria because every year I say the same thing! But I am always so satisfied and thankful I want everyone to know that in a world where customer service seems to be faltering, The Queen Victoria shines!
My husband and I celebrate our anniversary in Cape May every year and we wouldn't think of staying anywhere but here. It is a perfect place to relax, be pampered, eat WELL, enjoy some culture, ocean views, shopping, and good company.
Every room is lovely. Anna Marie and Doug are the perfect hosts. Their staff is competant and friendly. Each year we meet such nice people, some we have kept in touch with. We look forward to our stay each year and have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: We have now stayed in each building of the inn. All of our rooms have been beautiful. There are lots of stairs to the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for making The Queen Victoria your "Go To" Anniversary destination. We're lucky to have so many couples celebrating their anniversaries with us every year. There are usually more than one every single day of the year!

I'm also pleased that you enjoy our food so much. Between our breakfasts and Afternoon Teas, I'm afraid that not too many of our guests are frequenting our wonderful local restaurants for lunch.

Now that you've tried each building, you need to set your sites on staying in each room. It sounds like a fun goal to me.

Thanks again,

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I surprise my wife with a weekend stay at the Queen Victoria's newest addition the Empress room and it's beautifully down with some modern touches. The staff was super friendly and very helpful with their recommendation. Two thumbs up to Marie for recommending the Blue Pig Tavern. It was late and we haven't eaten anything all day and she mention this place was still open and had good food. We also met Ann Marie as well and she too was super kind and very helpful. The Queen Victoria is 2 blocks away from the beach and from Washington st which is your main street for everything. You're pretty much at the center of it all with everything at a walk-able distance. We'll definitely make another visit/stay with the Queen Victoria.

1  Thank rascalBK
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our newest room the "Empress". We designed it to have all the latest and most desirable amenities. It sounds like you had a great time in Cape May. I'm also glad that Maria was able to recommend a great restaurant for you upon your arrival. We spend a fair amount of time keeping track of which restaurants will be open which nights (especially in the "shoulder season") so that we can make great recommendations to our guests.

I hope we will get to see you again soon. Maybe your wife will surprise you with a return visit soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had very nice stay at The Queen Victoria; the Crown Jewel was simply lovely. It was nice to be able to come back from a long day of adventuring and relax by the fire and read our books or watch TV (many thanks to housekeeping for being spot on every time!). While we were there in the off season, I can see why any of their rooms that have a designated parking spot would be ideal in-season – I would highly recommend, for peace of mind, to book one of those rooms if possible. The main house is lovely and well maintained, as was our little cottage type room. We did not have time to tour the other buildings, but judging by the main house I am sure they are enjoyable as well. I cannot comment on breakfast as we are not joiners for communal morning meals. We like having our tea/coffee on our own - thankfully the cottage afforded us that ability. Another bonus of that room is a fully stocked fridge of drinks and a private coffee/tea maker. They replenish twice a day – very generous.

Most notably it is the absolute perfect location in historic Cape May. It is close to the shore, to shopping and restaurants – all within a short walking distance. We spent an entire afternoon wandering the shops in the Washington Street mall. We lunched there are, got coffee there and did lots and LOTS of shopping there! The QV offers bicycles as well – which is a definite bonus if you want to roam more of the historic neighborhoods.

While I am sure the innkeepers are very lovely, the one downer note for us was that the moment we walked in the door we were asked for our credit card to complete payment immediately. We have stayed at lot of B&Bs and never once has that been done, it is very off putting. It would be nice to just be welcomed and get settled into vacation.

We would like to return again during another season – it was a relaxing and enjoyable vacation!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a very thoughtful and complete review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Queen Victoria during your recent visit to Cape May. Though I didn't have the pleasure of meeting you, I was pleased to meet your husband one morning when I assisted him with your breakfast tray.

I wanted to take a moment to address your feelings about being asked for payment upon your arrival. I understand exactly where you are coming from, as most B&Bs, which are almost universally smaller than The Queen Victoria, typically ask for payment upon departure. There are 2 reasons we handle it as we do. First, we've found that when 20 to 30 couples are checking out in a 30-40 minute window on departure day, it is virtually impossible to keep up with their expectations of fast service if we process their payment at that time. Secondly, as you mentioned in your review, we are very generous with amenities like complimentary beverages, bicycles, etc., leaving virtually no added costs that need to be included on the invoice prior to departure. I'm very sorry that this put you off. If we are fortunate enough to have you as return guests in the future, we'll take care of settling your bill upon departure (I've made a note of your preference).

Thank you so much for choosing The Queen Victoria for your accommodations in Cape May. I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed in a lovely suite in Prince Albert Hall.The room was perfect and every possible detail was already taken care of. The breakfasts were wonderful and Anne Marie was a perfect hostess. It was nice to chat with the other guests and we felt very welcome from the start. Would not hesitate to stay here again as we had a lovely visit to Cape May. The Queen Victoria is beautiful and the location was near to everything. One block from the beach and one block to the Washington St Mall with shopping and restaurants all within walking distance. Very lovely bed and breakfast, great room and great food. We will be back for sure! Thanks for a lovely time!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I love that User Name! Thanks so much for choosing The Queen Victoria for your Cape May get-away. I really glad that you enjoyed everything so much. I agree that my lovely wife is the perfect hostess!

I'm not sure how soon/often you'll be able to return all the way from Vermont, but we'll be thrilled to see you again, anytime.