“A great surprise!”
Review of The Queen Victoria

The Queen Victoria
Ranked #4 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Attending a wedding Labor Day weekend i expected a lot of noise and business. The reservation was easy, pleasant and accommodating given many b&b'd were requiring three day minimums. Pluses were a nice size room (Charles Dickens), breakfast on the patio, towels and chairs for the beach, water and snacks and new bicycles.
A great value, good location and will definitely return. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for The Queen Victoria

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The owners at the Queen Victoria are hands on! You'll get to know them and they are very friendly mad helpful. The rooms are all well kept, but vary in size. Make sure to check the website so you won't get something you don't want. With four buildings there are many choices. Tea is served each day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuvCapeMay
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The "Queen Victoria" was just named the best B&B in Cape May, 2012. Want to know why? Breakfast...sumptuous, afternoon tea...terrific, service...outstanding, amenities...the best. We can't find enough positive adjectives to describe this place adequately. It is simply the BEST! Long live the Queen!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our trip was planned by a good friend of mine that raved about The Queen Victoria. This was our first stay here and we vacationed for a couple of days for a birthday celebration with 5 other couples. There are several "houses" and we stayed in the Hampton Court Room which is not in the main house. It has its own entrance which means you do not have to walk through the inn to get to your room, which I liked. The room had a loveseat and a TV when you first walked in, a spacious bathroom and a wonderful bedroom area. Now for the not so good part. This room was very dark...the lighting in the bedroom area had a beautiful dresser with a mirror and I was unable to see what clothes, jewelry and shoes I was putting on! The dresser was missing handles on the drawers and when you were able to open one, the drawers were not lined and not so appealing that I didn't want to put any of my belongings in it. I didn't get that crisp feeling when I walked into the room or any of the other rooms that our party stayed in. One of the rooms had a 13" tube TV that one couldn't even view. I will say that the linens and towels were of superior quality and the housekeeping staff was attentive. The breakfast was good but not exceptional. The "dessert squares" and peach cobbler at tea time were absolutely delicious. I was surprised to see the condition of the chairs on the porch and the decking as well. Not so tidy and the deck and railings looked like they could use few coats of paint. We ate breakfast in the main house on our last day and it was very warm, stuffy and uncomfortable. When the inn keeper opened the door of the kitchen, I got a gush of cold air...so what I'm saying is that there was no air conditioning in the halls or other "public" areas...assuming only in the bedrooms. You may want to consider eating breakfast on the porch of the other house, it is more pleasant. In the two days that we were there, I did not have the pleasure of meeting the innkeepers. In fact, I had no idea who they were until we were leaving and met Doug, who, in the short period of time, was very pleasant. My husband and I are not as particular as our friends that recommended The Queen Victoria and I must say that I was disappointed. We do frequent B & B's and this was not on the top of the list. Because of the location of the inn, don't expect a room with an ocean view. I must end on a good note and say the location was excellent, a short walk to restaurants, shops and the beach.

Room Tip: Request a room that is large enough with plenty of light.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We just returned from our stay at the Queen Victoria. It was wonderful. The breakfast food is served buffet style and there is a great selection. It was delicious! The staff is great. The whole place is very clean and well maintained. The afternoon tea was very nice with tasty goodies. They serve decaf and flavored ice tea. That is great however, I prefer plain iced tea. I did indulge in the goodies! It was a very relaxing vacation! Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our stay at the House of Royals in Queen Victoria was fabulous. Attention to every detail- great staff and accommodations. Breakfasts on the porch were a treat with homemade goodies. Coffee, water,....available at all times was convenient. Bikes allowed us to get around without even having to move the car for the whole stay. A wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The Prince Albert has a great view- one block from the ocean.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We just completed our fourth stay at The Queeen Victoria. This visit, as our previous ones, was wonderful. We did book a different room this time and it may be my favorite one yet. The only thing that we did not care for was the shower head which gave off an anemic amount of water. The desserts at the afternoon teas this year were even better than previous years...the new pastry chef should be congratulated!

We'll see you again next year!