“Cape May Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Humphrey Hughes House
Ranked #16 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
new jersey
“Cape May Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I just got home from our first vacation in a Bed & Breakfast in Cape May, New Jersey. We have always stayed in hotels before. We stayed at the Humphrey Hughes House In Cape May after viewing it online. It was a truly delightful experience. The owner, Terry was so helpful and friendly. The Inn is simply beautiful and full of gorgeous antiques. It is also kept spotless and fresh. We had an awesome breakfast this morning on the porch. The location is perfect...just a short block to the beach and another block in the other direction to the town center with lots of shops and restaurants, yet it was quiet and peaceful at the Inn. We took a trolley tour that took us past the beautiful historic Inns of Cape May while the tour guide gave information on each of them. The HHH is the best of the best!!! We look forward to returning!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Velvet Room...The king bed was heavenly!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Mount Holly, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We will gladly return to HH B&B. Friendly gracious owners and staff, excellent breakfast, and you can't beat that porch on a summer day. Within walking distance of resturants, beach, and shops. We loved staying in the doctor's office suite with it's spacious rooms, very comfortable bed, and in-suite refreshment area.

Room Tip: The doctor's suite is ideal if you need to avoid stairs.
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This was our fourth stay at HHH, a true gem among the B&Bs we have visited. The owners, Lorraine and Terry, are gracious and welcoming. The inn is charming, spotless, and well appointed. The outstanding breakfast, both in presentation and flavor, was thoroughly enjoyed on the porch kissed by ocean breezes and fragranced by exquisite fica blossoms. We will be back! ~ Connie & Kent

Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I travel often for business & was in Maryland for a long day, so instead of driving home late after the last ferry, I booked the HHH and was I happy I did. I normally stay at The Grand (on the beach) but took a chance with the B & B and felt like I was coming home. The front foyer was warm & inviting....as I found my way to the 2nd floor "Dragon Fly Room", I let myslef in & felt immediatly comfortable. The bed was comfortable & I slept undisturbed. Though I neeeded to work the next day, I stayed long enough to enjoy the pancake breakfast on the front porch. The innkeepers knew I was working & offered to feed me earlier than the normal 9am..which I took them up on. I had been up early & already walked the boardwalk, so I was ready to eat. The tables were set beautifully & I enjoyed fruit, juice, coffee, pancakes, sausage & a sweet roll.

I highly recommend the HHH and do stay for breakfast...you will not regret it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend in May here and absolutely loved it. Terry & Lorraine were wonderful hosts. The house is beautiful and amazingly well kept, snacks and chocolate chip cookies were always available on the porch and the location is great. When the weather cooperates, breakfast is served on the porch, which is quite nice. What else could you ask? It is a short walk to the beach and to shopping. We stayed in the Dragonfly room, which was very well appointed and comfortable, but I am sure all rooms are equally nice. The only negative is you are on your own to find on-street parking, which can be a hassle. However, I didn't hold it against the HHH and gave it 5 stars because this is common problem for B&Bs in Cape May. They do give you a map of where you can park for free, which is probably all they can do. This is a wonderful B&B and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Since we first visited Cape May in 1997 we have made it there 13 out of the past 15 summers, and of those 13 summers 11 have been spent at HHH (and our very first Cape May visit was spent across the street, wishing we had picked HHH!). Terry & Lorraine are fantastic hosts and the long-time staff (especially Kathy) are just super! Quiet, well-appointed, air-conditioned rooms; first-rate showers; ample closet & drawer space; free towels & beach chairs; a sun porch with GREAT chocolate-chip cookies, fudge, tea, coffee and sherry - what's not to like? Be warned, however, that Lorraine's breakfasts can be diet-killers,so be prepared to "walk it off" because you won't be able to *NOT* eat! ;-) The location is simply the best with an easy walk to the center of town or to the beach, great views, etc. Definitely first-rate, and highy recommended!

Room Tip: Second floor is less stair-climbing - we like the Velvet Room - but the Brass Room on the 3rd floor...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Farmingdale, New Jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We make a point of going back to the HHH each year right after Labor Day and it is the most perfect week. The innkeepers are gracious and have running an inn down to a science! They are there if you need them but mostly out of sight. I cannot think of a more relaxing time than sitting on the big wraparound porch having a magnificent breakfast, then reading a book, then lazily making our way to the beach. It is in a perfect location and within walking distance of everything. We try a different room every year and this year look forward to staying in the "doctor's suite".... This inn is immaculately clean with a very hospitable staff. I cannot think of a single improvement needed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple