“Gingerbread House”
Review of Gingerbread House

Gingerbread House
Ranked #7 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2007

My Name is Greg Vasquez from Dillsburg Pa. my wife and I spent this past weekend ( 4-27-29-07 ) at the Gingerbread House and it was Great. The room was wonderful and clean. The owners, Joan and Fred Echevarria are wonderful innkeepers. They truely take care of there guests. The location of the inn is close to all the shops and the beach. The inn itself was recently redone inside and looked stunning. I highly recommend staying at this B & B and will be returning again. We go down every year at the same time for my birthday and we will be returning to this B & B year after year. GREAT PLACE!!!!!!!!

Reviewed April 29, 2007

The Gingerbread House offered a perfect place to spend a get-away weekend. From the moment we arrived our hosts, Joan and Fred, made us feel truly welcome. They are a gracious and interesting couple. We enjoyed our visits with them. The entire inn was decorated beautifully and this was the most pristine place that we have ever stayed. Everything in the common areas - the living room and dining room - as well as our lovely bedroom was immaculate.
Joan was helpful with several suggestions for excellent restaurants. She also provided us with good information on what to do in Cape May.
We were impressed by the fact that other guests that we visited with have been coming to this inn for six years and said that they would stay no where else in Cape May.
The breakfasts and tea time offerings were delicious and varied.
We will return here again next Spring if not before. This bed and breakfast inn is a real winner and we are pleased to have discovered it as well as Joan and Fred.

• Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed March 31, 2007

In my opinion, Gingerbread House is the icing on the cake in Cape May. Joan and Fred are just wonderful. House is absolutely gorgeous, location to die for....1 block from the ocean, and walking distance to shops and restaurants. I never use a car the whole time I am there. Breakfast is always a treat and you feel like you live there instead of being a guest there. I never miss a stay there each summer. Favorite room is the largest they offer with your own private porch to watch the buggies go by and listen to the sound of the waves as they hit the shoreline. Wish it were mine and treasure every visit.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2006

This is a quaint B&B in a dear town to me, Cape May, NJ--I was surprised when I checked in for the 4th of July week and was told to "go find a parking place" in Cape May--for that week was nearly impossible and a great imposition--I enjoyed the stay and location but would not book again due to the unavailability of parking.

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank ElizabethCharleston
Reviewed December 28, 2006

A weekend in Cape May during the holidays is an experience everyone should treat themselves to...and part of the experience is staying in one of the wonderful B&B's in Cape May. My friend and I searched the Cape May website and were fortunate enough to find the most wonderful little B&B...The Gingerbread House. From the moment we drove up in front, we knew we had made a wonderful choice. The Inn is absolutely charming...the porch welcoming, the owners warm and friendly (Joan and Fred). The house is beautifully decorated and is perfectly maintained. There is no doubt that you are staying in first rate accommodations. Being two single mom’s out to spend a weekend away from the kids, the Gingerbread House was also able to accommodate our need for a room with two separate beds…a rarity in B&B’s. The room was spacious with a private balcony and a beautiful private bath. The small flat screen TV was the only sign that we were in 2006. Each morning we came downstairs to the sound of holiday music and the smell of baked goods. Tea, coffee, hot cider, cocoa, etc was waiting for us along with out of the ordinary yet absolutely delicious baked goods, as well as an assortment of yogurt, granola and a hot breakfast casserole (Joan was kind enough to share the recipes!). The location was perfect…a block from the ocean and only a few blocks from the main part of town. Except for a trip to the Cape May Spa and dinner at the Lobster House, we didn’t have to take the car anywhere. The night we took the walking tour of Cape May B&B’s we only had to walk out of the house to be in the heart of the excitement…they say location is everything and the Gingerbread House proves to be the perfect location.

A trip during the summer to get another break from the kids is anticipated…and our first choice for accommodations will be this beautiful, warm, welcoming, charming little inn with interesting and friendly innkeepers. I highly recommend making this inn a part of your Cape May experience!

Virginia, Bloomfield, NJ

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2006

my wife and i always wanted to stay in a bed and breakfast and I'm glad we picked this one. joan and fred were wonderful. They made you feel at home like it was your house. The house and room were spotless and everthing else was perfect, from the breakfasts to the afternoon tea. Joan always cooked some unique dish to make the day special. Both fred and joan were a pleasure to spend time with. We even had fen with penny.
We will be going back in the future to the gingerbread house for sure.

curt & maryanne

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank funtime10
Reviewed October 22, 2006

I cannot say enough about The Gingerbread House! I brought my mother to Cape May for her 60th birthday and our stay was perfect. Joan and Fred are absolutely wonderful! We had a little trrouble with the transmission on our car and Fred was so helpful with telling us which gas stations to go to and offered to drive us anywhere we needed to go. Since we were so close to the beach and to the "mall", our car trouble didn't damper our visit at all. The accomodations are so homey with delicious breakfasts to start your day and tea and cookies in the afternoon. The decor of the house is beautiful and the rooms are spotless! I will definitely be staying at the Gingerbread House when I head back down to Cape May!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)