“great hosts”
Review of Gingerbread House

Gingerbread House
Ranked #7 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 14, 2006

my wife and i always wanted to stay in a bed and breakfast and I'm glad we picked this one. joan and fred were wonderful. They made you feel at home like it was your house. The house and room were spotless and everthing else was perfect, from the breakfasts to the afternoon tea. Joan always cooked some unique dish to make the day special. Both fred and joan were a pleasure to spend time with. We even had fen with penny.
We will be going back in the future to the gingerbread house for sure.

curt & maryanne

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funtime10

Reviewed October 22, 2006

I cannot say enough about The Gingerbread House! I brought my mother to Cape May for her 60th birthday and our stay was perfect. Joan and Fred are absolutely wonderful! We had a little trrouble with the transmission on our car and Fred was so helpful with telling us which gas stations to go to and offered to drive us anywhere we needed to go. Since we were so close to the beach and to the "mall", our car trouble didn't damper our visit at all. The accomodations are so homey with delicious breakfasts to start your day and tea and cookies in the afternoon. The decor of the house is beautiful and the rooms are spotless! I will definitely be staying at the Gingerbread House when I head back down to Cape May!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2006

It was a girl weekend that I was looking very forward to. The moment we walked in the door and met Joan and Fred, I felt like I was with family. This place is like a dollhouse made big and everything is immaculate! Our great room and private porch were a lot larger in person than the pictures. All the furniture and decorations were beautiful, yet I felt comfortable and at home. I could tell that all the other guests felt the same way. The breakfast was very fresh with a new special treat every morning. I would like to visit at X-mas and also in the summer and wish Cape May was closer to Florida! The location of the Gingerbread house is perfect. The beach and promenade are right out the door, yet you are not on the main drag. I can't wait to return to this wonderful place with my husband. Thanks again for the hospitality!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2006

We had the best time. 4 girlfriends traveled from Florida to stay in Cape May during Victorian Week. Our room was so beautiful and we also had a porch that we really enjoyed as part of our room package. The weather could not have been any better. The Antiques were so beautiful and plentiful and Joan and Fred (owners) were just alot of fun and the nicest people that you could hope to meet . Cape May is a wonderful place to visit and I would love to go back again sometime and stay at the Gingerbread House. I can't say enough great things about the Gingerbread House. The breakfasts were all very tastie business and the other guests staying at the house were all very friendly and fun to talk with. I would highly recommend the Gingerbread House as the best place to stay in Cape May.

Sandy Good, Port Orange, Florida

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2006

Our trip to the Gingerbread House was wonderful! We were a group of 4 girlfriends from Florida and it was the first time for 3 of our group to visit beautiful Cape May, NJ. I am so happy we chose the Gingerbread House for our stay during Victorian Week! Joan and Fred are so warm and friendly and they made us feel like family during our visit. We stayed in the luxury suite on the second floor since it slept 4 very comfortably. We had a gorgeous private porch that overlooked quaint Gurney Street and our room was amazingy! It came complete with beautiful furnishings and was very very Victorian! Everything was immaculate, clean and comfortable. Our breakfasts were absolutely delicious and the other guests became our friends during our stay! The atmosphere was so comfortable and relaxing. I have stayed at other lovely B&B's in Cape May, but I will never go anywhere else now but the Gingerbread House! Joan & Fred's dedication to their guests is what separates them from everyone else for they are truly wonderful people!

Stayed: October 2006
1  Thank MRitzinger
Reviewed September 15, 2006

In a row of similar houses the Gingerbread definitely stands out. The painting and and refurbishing has been metculously restored. It is fun just to admire the details. Then to meet and get to know Fred and Joan is a true delight. You can tell they pour their heart and soul into their B&B. Joan cooks a wonderful breakfast to get the day started out right. Then she has several choices of cakes to go along with the afternoon tea. We have definitely enjoyed our stay and look forward to the next one.

Stayed: September 2006
Reviewed September 10, 2006

Fred and Joan run a lovely B&B, less than half a block from the beach. Their B&B has loads of charm, yes, as many do, but their breakfasts, the service and the attention they pay to their guests will be hard to match. Our five-year old (and we) had a great (and restful even) holiday.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family