“Delightful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gingerbread House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gingerbread House
Ranked #7 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2006

The most tranquil, lovely place! Fred and Joan are wonderful. They have done fabulous things with this property and have truly found their calling in the bed and breakfast business. We will go back again and again.

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Roselle Park, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2006

The Gingerbread House was wonderful. One of the proprietars, Joan met us at the door and was wonderful showing us around the place. The victorian mansion was beautifully appointed. Our room was on the second floor and easily accessible. My fiance and I wanted to celebrate our one year anniversary of our engagement and it was great. The next morning there was a healthy breakfast set up with cantaloupe, yogurt, granola, etc.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2005

Date: Dec. 26 - Dec 28, 2005
Reviewers: Newlyweds
We got married in June and finally got around to our honeymoon. The atmosphere at The Gingerbread House was so warm and welcoming, we felt very special. Fred and Joan treated each guest like old friends and everyday there was a special homemade breakfast treat.The afternoon tea had something for every taste. We liked our stay so much we got a gift certificate for his daughter and son in law. The rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely clean with extra pillows and blankets. Joan puts in great little extra touches, so that we felt as if we were staying with family. Thanks again, Joan & Fred for a memorable experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2005

12-22-2005
Scott & Sylvia Toms River, NJ

I'm a stay in the best hotel, in the best room and I don't mind paying for it kind of guy. So when my wife and I discussed staying at our first bed and breakfast I was more then skeptical. However we needed to runaway from our kids so we booked an overnight at the Gingerbread House Cape May. I figured one night wouldn't kill me.

WOW! were they ready for me, from the second you walk in you feel welcome. The house is beautiful and charming. Fred and Joan are two of the warmest, friendliest and most gracious hosts I've ever met. I should also mention how clean and well kept everything is. This home is truly a labor of love.

Afternoon tea (there's something I thought I'd never do), a great nights sleep (never get one in any hotel) and a warm homemade breakfast (I do mean homemade), I didn't want to leave. Well if you've never been, go and go here. Fred and Joan, we'll see you next time we run away.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2005

I just have to say my husband and I love the Gingerbread House. We stay there every December for our Anniversary. We have been staying there for the past 8 years now and we just got back from our yearly trip to celebrate our 15th Wedding Anniversary. Joan and Fred are the best innkeepers. I myself LOVE Joan's granola cereal and everything else Joan prepares. We also love all the goodies that come with your afternoon tea time. The Gingerbread House is decorated for the holidays when we go which makes it real nice and we love the rooms, they are clean and very quiet. I would recommend the Gingerbread House to everyone......We will definately be there again next December and all the December's thereafter.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2005

My sister and I decided to go on a "mini roadtrip" the whole way to Cape May and stay at the Gingerbread House. It was so much fun talking to Fred and Joan every morning as they served such a great breakfast. It was also fun getting to know the other people that were staying there too, as we would talk to them every morning and afternoon tea for at least an hour. The hospitality of the Gingerbread House goes far above expectations. I was very pleased with everything there and I recommend it to anyone who wants to have a great time in Cape May.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2005

My boyfriend surprised me by taking me to The Gingerbread House, blindfolded for my birthday. When he removed the blindfold, I was elated to see such a beautiful place all lit up with Christmas lights and decorations. It was such a wonderful sight. I couldn't wait to enter and see the beauty inside. We were greeted by the owners, Joan and Fred. They were such wonderful hosts. The rooms are immaculate and decorated very tastefully in a Victorian style. It was very warm and made you feel like it was home. In the morning, Joan would make tasty breakfast delights with fresh fruit and coffee. They were also available to us to give recommendations for places to go to see or eat. I would recommend The Gingerbread House to anyone. I know that we will definitely plan another trip there some day.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member