All reviews house smoked salmon assortment of pastries eggs any style my husband and i french toast b bs fresh fruit the breakfast area wedding venue hot entrees rooms are gorgeous afternoon tea private entrance breakfast was excellent bed and breakfast turn down service antique furnishings
Reviewed January 1, 2016

Very nice experience at the Southern Mansion! The staff was very nice and they went out of their way to make our stay a special one! The rooms were spotless, the breakfast was awesome,,and the Xmas decorations on every floor were beautiful . My wife and I hope to come back soon to this wonderful bed & breakfast jewel of Cape May!

Room Tip: 15 ( private entrance to room / another entrance leads to main lobby area
Reviewed December 24, 2015

I'm not a B&B kind of guy, I booked this place to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday to please her, and it did. This place is in a class by itself. There isn't another B&B in Cape May with the spacious garden or parking nor the majestic appearance of the house itself sitting on a corner lot within walking distance of everything your there for. The public areas were spacious and furnished with antiques that were beautiful and substantial as befitting the grand structure they were in. I am a large man and yet never did I have the feeling of being "a bull in a china shop" perhaps only another big guy will be able to appreciate that but I felt relaxed and comfortable here. The room itself was magnificent and luxurious. The breakfast was delicious and attractively presented. Staff were friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: see the website. we stayed in the red room and couldn't be happier
1  Thank ramblinbill
Reviewed December 23, 2015

My wife and spent two nights here in November 2015. Beautiful old building, lovely grounds. There was a wedding one of the days, and the wedding guests were not overly intrusive to the regular guests. The complimentary breakfast was nice; big spread of pastries and fruit, plus your choice off of a limited hot breakfast list. Food was good.

We stayed in Room 11, which is the bi-level room with the bed in the loft area. I am 6 foot tall and hit my head on the slanted dormers at least twice, but that's my fault for not being used to it. Also, I'm not a big believer in ghosts, but my wife heard footsteps on night 1, and I heard footsteps on the stairs leading up to the loft on night 2. It wasn't terrifying or anything, but definitely made me feel a little uneasy.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2015

We stayed here two nights during the Christmas season. The mansion is beautiful in and of itself but extra beautiful with holiday decorations. The living room is so spacious with high ceilings, two fireplaces, and lovely furnishings - plus a huge Christmas tree. Our room was just perfect with antique furnishings. Breakfasts were phenomenal with delicious breads, fruits, etc. and then a hot entree to choose. Nothing about the mansion needed any improvements of any kind. Perfect!

Room Tip: Our room was in the main house.
Reviewed December 15, 2015

My husband gave this to me as an anniversary gift in conjunction with the December Christmas House tour. The decorations in this hotel were just gorgeous, as were the furnishings. Our room was very spacious and clean. This is a B & B, so breakfast was included. The breakfast consisted of a large table laden with fresh fruits, yogurts, pastries, cereals, lox & other goodies. There was a choice of 4 entrees; hot cakes, French toast, omelettes, eggs, bacon. Coffee was hot & rich tasting. The service here and throughout the B & B was impeccable. Centrally located, it is easy to park your car here& walk the town. We will most certainly return.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, as the noise from the rooms above can be annoying.
1  Thank Terri C