$340
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$429
$404
Hotels.com
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$272
$239
Capri Motor Lodge(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$275
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$479
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$285
Wilbraham Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$355
Angel of the Sea(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$249
Elaine's Bed & Breakfast Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$295
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$459
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastgreat locationritaporchcape
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We don't understand how anyone could find fault with this B&B. This was our first stay.The staff is friendly and informative. The Inn itself is very clean and beautifully decorated. Nice set up for beverages and refreshments throughout the day. We loved the wrap around porch complete with furniture and rocking chairs to relax on. Nice touch with having beach chairs, towels and even books for a day on the beach ( which is only about 2 blocks away). Also, so close to all the shops and restaurants.The bed was comfy....we had a great night's sleep ( with no apparitions. Lol !! ). Captain Mey's Inn exceeded all of our expectations......we will definitely there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have never been to Cape May until this past week, even though I lived in NJ for about 26 years. Yes, the Captain Mey's B & B is my only B & B experience, but it was awesome. We had a room on the third floor, and the young lady who greeted us upon arrival offered to carry bags for us, yet we declined. This set the tone for the level of service at this B & B. On the second day, wife and I came back from the beach, sunburned and exhausted, well, the AC went out, ugh. We passed out tired on the bed, then got up to get dinner, so we called management and told them, and by the time we came back from dinner, we had a brand new AC in our room. Amazing. Oh, the breakfast spread at 9 am was wonderful, especially the fresh baked muffins. Yes, it is close to the beach (about a 3 block walk) which is convenient. The only, well not bad part, is that the driveway to park your car near the B & B comes up pretty quick, easy to miss, so we wound up going around the block 3 times before we could park close to this B & B. All in all, this place exceeded my expectations, and I would return again. Go here, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Manuel T
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Every year my husband and I stay at a different B&B in Cape May. Captain Meys was by far the worst. Granted it is a great location its worth having to walk further to stay at a place that is worth the price. First we were greeted by a young man who was lounging on a bed when you first walk in. He took us to the Piet room and opened the door for us and disappeared. It was a hot day out and the heat was unbearable in our room. They had a small old window AC in the room but it was barely enough cut it. We kept the bathroom door shut and it seemed to help. Of course you would take a shower and get out into a room that was 100 degrees. It was awful. Then during our first night the smoke alarm was beeping so the next morning I brought it downstairs so they could put a new battery in because it beeped loudly every 2 minutes. Came back that night and it was back upstairs without the battery changed still beeping . The breakfast was sad tor a B&B. Oh and watch your head the ceilings are slanted in the room and we hit our heads numerous times. What a joy.

3  Thank rooney5
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Very disappointing stay at one of Cape May's well known establishments. Although the dining room is set up for a feast, their continental breakfast consists of store bought bread, bagels, english muffins and condiments in individual wrappers and boxed cerial. For what it is, this breakast can easily be brought out at 6am so guests can get an early start, but breakfast is not put out until 9am. They allow smoking on the porch and every time I sat on the porch I had to smell the cigarette buts in the ashtrays. If they allow smoking on the porch they should make sure the ashtrays are emptied regularly. In the morning the waste containers were still filled with the previous evening's garbage in both the dining room and on the porch. When checking out there is a basket to drop off your room key. The innkeepers don't seem to care to interact with the guests to get feedback on their stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marion R
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay @ this inn. The location to either the beach or the shopping area was perfect. We loved the huge wrap around porch and despite the heat, enjoyed ocean breezes everyday. We were greeted promptly by Katie who explained everything. Our room, like the entire house, was immaculate and A/C'd. I appreciated the continental breakfast being served @ 9A rather than some places that start very early & end early. It makes it very convenient when you'd like to sleep in on vacation. If there was one minor detail I could add it would be to offer a sampling of yogurts. The buffet consisted of fruit, cereal, muffins, and breads. I would have liked to have some type of protein offered in lieu of eggs, meat, etc. Otherwise, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and hope to return.

Room Tip: We had the Captain Theuns room and it was perfectly sized with a private bath.