“W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L !”
Review of Angel of the Sea

Angel of the Sea
Ranked #5 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We decided at the last minute to visit Cape May before going on to Atlantic City! So glad we did! Cape May is a charming beach town...very laid back, with lovely Victorian homes. We decided on Angels of the Sea based on the recommendations of a coworker's wife many years ago. Thanks Stevi, we finally made it there. This bread and breakfast consist of two buildings. We got a great last minute deal and opted for the main building -- a lovely room on the third floor. We had a great view of the ocean from this room. It was very clean and comfortable. The only draw back was that the shower was very small. The breakfast was very good and plentiful. They also offered wine and cheese at 5:30, which was very nice. There were many repeat guests--I can see why. The beach was half block away. There is a very good restaurant next door PSI, which was very convenient if you are not in the mood to drive--a little pricey, but great food. The service at Angels is EXCELLENT! A very friendly staff. Kudos to Chet who checked us in and was most gracious! We totally left there delighted with our choice. Hope this helps you with your decision!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This B & B is one of the finest we have ever known. The staff are totally accommodating. The rooms are comfortable and inviting. Each room is beautifully decorated. It's hard to beat the value of staying at the Angel. They offer a full breakfast as well as fresh fruits and freshly baked compotes and cereals in the morning. In the afternoon there are freshly baked cookies and cakes with coffee or teas and later in the afternoon there is wine and cheese. My husband just can't say enough about The Angel of the Sea. The porches offer a view of the ocean where you can enjoy your afternoon tea or wine. It is so close you can hear the waves. You'll meet some of nicest people at The Angel from the staff to the guests. We've never had a bad experience and we've been visiting there for years.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are desirable. Even some of the smaller rooms are totally charming. We have too man...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I enjoyed every minute at the angel! Very clean/ friendly place to be! The food was outstanding! The staff was phenomenal! Couldn't ask for a better place to stay! I an excited to see the angel again next year!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a lovely traditional bed and breakfast. The staff is very helpful. The breakfast is a nice combination of fruit and a choice of hot entree. They provide afternoon tea at 4 pm and wine and cheese at 5 pm. You can sit on the wrap around porch with an ocean view or inside in the quaint parlor. The facility is clean and well appointed. We spoke to several repeat guests which gave us an indication of the high level of service and satisfaction of this establishment.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Renee D
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My wife and I have been staying here for years. We were married there 15 years ago and it's truly a unique bed and breakfast with so much history.

You won't be disappointed with the breakfast, it's excellent. The afternoon treats and wine and cheese at 530 is also great while sitting on the relaxing porch.

Just remember the place is old, but they do there best to give you the modern day amenities, but keeping it looking within its time period.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014

From the initial call to the Angel of the Sea to the moment I handed in my keys everything was amazing. The staff was a pleasure to be around. Mark had taken full care of everything I needed the entire weekend. He was a pleasant smile welcoming me to the Inn, and making sure I enjoyed my stay. I believe the bell boy was Ben, also quite a delight. Jamie who works nights kept me entertained and made sure I had everything I needed for the weekend. I don't normally eat much for breakfast since I have an egg allergy- but boy did my boyfriend rave about the food prepared.
I was coming off of 2 weeks travel with work so I was a bit scattered and it was nice to see such a calming place. The beach chairs, and towels provided is a huge plus. The room was comfortable and well kept. I can't wait to go back to the Angel of the Sea!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This review is a few weeks late, but but better late then never! My husband and I have been to several bed and breakfast in Cape May, but this was our first stay at the Angel of the Sea. We stayed the weekend of May 16th. My sister had gave us a gift certificate and wow did out do herself! First I have to say that all of the staff were so helpful and friendly! From the time we checked in, at breakfast, happy hr, all throughout the weekend if we needed anything it was never too much to ask anyone anything. We had stayed in a suite and it was perfect. We had a king bed, an ocean view and it was just amazing. One of my favorite things about staying at a bed and breakfast is the breakfast and by far this was the best breakfast i have ever had! The selections were wonderful! And the happy hr. perfect, again so much to chose from! I dont remember having such a elaborate spread! And there is also tea time, with tasty sweets which were also great! And the best part of all of this was we met so many nice people! People that also were at the Angel for their first time, and others that have been coming back for many years! We are sure to make the Angel of the Sea a place that we are sure to come back and visit!

Room Tip: I think any room would be nice! We had an angel suite, which are more money, but really how much ar...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple