“Okay but not great”

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Okay but not great”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We took this tour because of a groupon. They have you arrive an hour before departure time. You'r not allowed to bring ANY food or drink on the boat. They charge $5 for a "souvenir" bottle of water and $2 for snack size potato chips. The food is a rip off. They microwave frozen burgers. We did take a tour of the Cape May coast and saw some dolphins, but I've been to Seaworld so that wasn't new. We didn't see any whales. I hear they usually come up on warmer days and you have a 67% chance of seeing one. The tour guide was okay but after the first hour of seeing dolphins, the other 2 hours back to shore was torture. Everyone on the boat was bored.

1 Thank Linda C

Hyattsville, Maryland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A WHALE OF A TRIP!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My group and I took the 1:00pm Whale and Dophin Crusie and what a great adventure we had. The staff must take nice pills because everyone was extrmely nice and knowledgeable. This 3-hour tour ended up being almost 4 hours of enjoyment because we saw a whale! We saw so many dophins but towards the end of our cruise the crew knew exactly where to take us to see a whale and we got some great views. I have gone on plenty of whale watch cruises out of DE and NJ over the last 20 years and this is the first for seeing a whale and my first with the CMWWRC. I have seen plenty of whales on crusies out of ME & MA but this was a wonderful treat this summer to see a whale so close to home. Even if we didn't see a whale the trip was worth every penny. If you enjoy going out on a ship crusing the ocean and want to feel confident and safe with a great captain and staff then try this tour with the Cape May Whale Watch and Research Center. Also, if you are a group of 20 or more there is a definite discount. Kathy, a very wonderful crew member even called my restuarant to let them know that my group would be running late for their reservation. How nice was that!!! I was talking to her at the beginning of the cruise and told her what time I had dinner reservations and she remembered so when we were running late because of the whale sighting, she came up to me and offered to call the restaurant. Since is was summer on a Friday evening the restaurant was greatful and made sure all my tables were saved for my group of 45 guest. The crew really do their best to look out for all their customers and towards the end of the cruise the college interns went around asking if we had any questions. They also gave out so much information concerning the mammals that was very educational and interesting.The staff knew exactly where to take the boat to make this trip a great adventure for all aboard. I will definitely be back for another great boating excursion.

2 Thank De M
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“We loved it!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

What a great way to start our weekend in Cape May! The nature guide, Melissa, did a great job telling everyone interesting facts about the area, both historic and about wildlife too! We saw tons of dolphins, and there are several spotters on the boat looking for signs of whales and dolphins in the water. They take you totally around the entire island and we loved every minute of it!

East Butler, Pennsylvania
“dolphin tails”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We saw some great dolphin tails, actually lots but none above the water. And the sunset on our night was not existent. Nice night n the water but a lot of money to spend for it.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent tour of the Cape May Coast”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I took a group of sixteen on the Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center Whale, Birds and Dolphins (aka The Big One) Tour on July 12, 2014. The crew was great. The galley crew were polite and quick with the drinks, the naturalist kept everyone informed on the animals around the vessel including the large groups of dolphins, birds, and fish visible near the surface. We had a unique view of the Cape May Coast. The boat lingered so that all of the passengers had time to see the dolphins. The crew explained their purpose of research and documentation of the marine life. The weather was perfect for our trip, not too hot and very calm. The cost was reasonable when buying as a group. I purchased the tickets in pairs receiving the buy one get one at half price deal, so each pair was only $62, with handling fee. The three hour tour was the longest tour and may have been a bit long for some in the group, not everyone got their sea legs. Everyone had a good time.

4 Thank John M