“Romantic and elegant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of M’ocean - CLOSED

M’ocean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Our ocean-inspired restaurant and raw bar, located in Cape May, New Jersey, strikes a perfect balance of fresh coastal cuisine and fine dining. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and featuring simplistic menu options that reflect the simplicity of fresh ingredients and a cool ocean breeze, M'ocean delivers an evolving dining experience that stimulates all of your senses.
Oyster Bay, New York
“Romantic and elegant”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Have you ever had the perfect day culminate into a really excellent dinner and live music session? On Saturday, that's just what we had! On the advice of the proprietor of the Bacchus Inn, we made reservations to eat at Martini Beach at 8:30. Since the weather wasn't too terribly chill, we opted to walk and enjoy a light conversation on the way over-- and it allowed us the freedom to have a second martini and not worry about driving. Martini Beach is located right on the main drag and the entry way leads you upstairs to host station that looks into the bar area. The lighting is right and the decor speaks of class. Although we were fifteen minutes early, we were given a seat overlooking the ocean in a nice quiet corner at a table for two. Our server came quickly and brought us water and told us of some really great sounding appetizers. I ordered a belvedere martini as is my won't, while my very special date ordered a buffalo martini. Mine was served just right and hers definitely was one that will wake your mouth up. A few shakes of tabasco hot sauce and a drink is born that will bite you back.
On the advice of our waitress, we opted to try the goat cheese dumplings and the bacon wrapped sea scallops to start. The dumplings were really quite good and although the reduction soy dipping sauce at first seemed thick, really complimented the taste and surprised us both. The sea scallops were prepared excellently as well- meaty, smooth and firm, wrapped in a high quality bacon that almost got eaten before having a chance to take a photo. Luckily both dishes remained long enough to attach their pictures to this review.
In the background we heard an acoustic guitar playing and although we were unaware of it, this week was "singer songwriter" week in Cape May and only served to enhance our meal further. Great food and live music is a combination that is hard to beat in my book-- throw in good cocktails and a dinner date that's second to none and the perfect night is born.
For the second round of apps, we chose the turkish pizza and although different than what you would call pizza, was delicious and savory. Cap all of this off with another Belvedere martini and a Red Velvet martini, some stimulating talk and fresh new music and the only thing left to do was have an espresso with a snifter of Chambord.
Having finished the coffee, the music called to us and grabbing the remains of the Chambord, we left our seats to look in and listen to a couple of the artists that had travelled from around the country to play their music.
A nice walk back to the inn and a five star meal was complete- a night we won't soon forget.

• Visited March 2013

NJ
“Great place for a nice dinner!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

This was the second time my husband and I went here for dinner. Once again we were not disappointed! Eat upstairs, it is a cute atmosphere;we enjoy window seating. The food is very fresh and the specials are tasty. We ate here in December and most recently April- I do not know what it is like during the summer. Make a reservation and enjoy!!

Blairstown, NJ
“Reasonably priced and very good”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Cape May has some fine restaurants and they can be rather pricey. Although I don't mind paying as long as the meal is worth it, we decided to try some place new. It has been my finding that restaurants with a view tend to lean on that and not always the quality of the fare they serve. This was not the case with Martini Beach. My wife and I were seated in the outdoor porch which afforded a view of the beach. Started off with a couple of cocktails as the sun was starting to set and perused the menu. One of the reasons we decided to check this place out was that they offered small plates. I find this to be an excellent way to sample what the chef can offer. We liked everything we ordered especially the Scallops and somehow the Lobster Mac & Cheese worked. Service was excellent and friendly as was the atmosphere. We will definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
West Hartford CT
“Delicous tapas and a great staff!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a really great meal at Martini Beach. We arrived in Cape May late on a Friday and decided on Martini Beach based on other Trip Adv reviews and they were spot on. The hostess and waiter were both really sweet and accommodating the the three dishes my wife and I were all excellent. But before we even ordered, we asked about no-alcohol beers. The hostess said they didn't have nay in stock, but that she would go downstairs to another bar and get us a couple. now that is service. Especially loved the sushi tuna pizza.

Visited October 2012
Cranford, New Jersey
“Late night drinks”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Good fun and young people and middle aged, good music. Great drinks. Within walking distance of hotels and boardwalk

Visited October 2012