M’ocean
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our ocean-inspired restaurant and raw bar, located in Cape May, New Jersey, strikes a perfect balance of fresh coastal cuisine and fine dining. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and featuring simplistic menu options that reflect the simplicity of fresh ingredients and a cool ocean breeze, M'ocean delivers an evolving dining experience that stimulates all of your senses.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Good fun and young people and middle aged, good music. Great drinks. Within walking distance of hotels and boardwalk

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I would like to preface with the fact that this was my third trip to Martini Beach. In the past, we have been pleased with both the food, atmosphere and service. However, a visit on 10/6 was markedly different.

First, the pluses. Martini Beach has excellent food and drinks. In the past, we had visited for drinks as well as a trip for dinner. This time around, we came for Happy Hour. As in previous visits the drinks were great (and strong) and the food was fabulous.

However the service this time was horrid. The bartender appeared to be in a bad mood, covering it with sarcasm and biting comments when we arrived. This quickly deteriorated as he responded with "[--] you" to anyone who made a request. He threw dishes around under the bar, obviously breaking a few (and when the second part of our group came and stayed after us - broke an entire bottle of vodka flinging it around). He pushed the raviolis in white broth so forcefully that it spilled - not a little - but enough to go between me and my companion and soak the floor. We were left to clean it up ourselves. Part of our order was incorrect and it took forever for our mussels to come out. When they did, there was no fork to eat it with. After a few minutes, I got up the nerve to ask for a fork and was met with hostility and glares...enough that a stranger piped up with "She just wants a fork".

When we got our bill, it was incorrect. Instead of the $5 drinks and tapas, there were two additional charges for things we never ordered and weren't even on the Happy Hour menu. They totaled almost $30 just for those items. When I called him over, he said "I know, your bill is wrong" and many minutes later I got another one... this time for too little. I waited to catch his eye for 10 minutes, but he kept ignoring me, so I just pulled out my credit card. He said something like "Don't you have cash???" and I said no I did not. He was obviously irritated and rang up my card.

Martini Beach had outstanding food and drinks and my previous experiences have been great. However, I will never again go when this bartender is on duty. I had taken out a family member who was having a really rough time lately, and we were treated very poorly.

4  Thank AHenry36
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I visited over the Columbus Day weekend and the bar was crowded which we certainly understand as we have been regular patrons for many years; however, we waited 25 minutes before Tim, the bartender, took our order. He placed napkins down and proceeded to wait on others that walked in after us. He completely forgot about our order. When my husband said when are we getting our order; his nasty reply is "I am doing the best I can do". We were patient and didn't mind waiting the 25 minutes but once his nasty attitude surfaced, we left. Other patrons witnessed the rude bartender. Never going back!!!!!

3  Thank michele f
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Upscale dining atmosphere, menu- and prices- but our party of 4 came prepared! Our 7:30PM reservations were handled promptly. We started our dinner with ordering from the excellent and varied selection of martinis. Our waitress, Lyndsey, professionally helped us select which martini we should sample.

We 4 also decided to order from the unique TAPAS menu section and then share them with each other. My favorites included the absolutely delicious "lobster mac & cheese" and the very spicy "Turkish pizza". I also had a very tasty red beet salad.

I read that some other reviewers had a bad experience w/ the piano player. Our pianist was musical and sensitive- even though his wife was "due any day"!

We saved some money by not ordering dessert; we'll save that treat for another visit to Martini Bar!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We ate here and were very pleased with the food, service, and views of the ocean right across the street. We were surprised when everything we ordered was fresh and delicious! There is a lovely bar inside and live music in one of the dining rooms, making for a fun and lively, though not overly loud experience. We'll go back next time we're in Cape May, for sure.