“Can't stop telling my friend's! Love this place”
Review of Island Grill

Island Grill
Ranked #49 of 137 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: American Coastal Cuisine inspired by the land and the sea, featuring locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Thank you for another fabulous season. See you in May 2017!
“Can't stop telling my friend's! Love this place”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I have been enjoying the food and environment here for a few years now and we can't stop telling our friends and family about it.
We actually ate dinner here the night we got engaged because just like she is my favorite women the Island Grill has become a favorite place to eat. The owners and staff make you feel comfortable and special while providing you with a delightful dining experience.
And lets not forget about the ability Carol has to put together a fully catered event, which she is in the process of putting together my sisters wedding.

• Visited June 2013

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Susie W. Bethlehem”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is the 3rd of my top 3 must go to dinner restaurants in Cape May. The menu is different and the food has always been very good. It is behind Washington Mall but only open for dinner. Can not remember what I have eaten at all these restaurants but I am know as the Food Snob. This is another must try restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“Our New Favorite Cape May Restaurant”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

410 Bank Street used to be our favorite seafood restaurant in Cape May, but Island Grill has overtaken it. The restaurant is quieter, the wait staff has more personality (Hi Steven) and the food is excellent. Oh, and it's another BYO place. My wife and I shared island fries, which were perfectly cooked french fries topped with sauteed crab lightly seasoned with old bay spice. The roasted grouper had so many different flavors, each very light, but combining to make one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. The beluga lentils used in the dish resembled roe, so visually it was a nice touch. My wife had the lobster mac & cheese, which was rumored to be the best in Cape May. My wife agrees. We'll make it a point to come back the next time we visit Cape May.

Visited June 2013
Newtown, PA
“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here last night before seeing a play. H had the wedge salad, I had the Caesar. Both very good. For the entree, H had the fish & chips special and I had the lobster Mac n cheese. Both were delicious. I especially liked my lobster Mac n cheese. I've had this dish in three different restaurants and this one ties with the Capital Grille. Nice macaroni shape, big twistie type whose name escapes me now. Nice blend of the cheeses. One didn't overwhelm the others. Delicious lobster and just a sprinkling of bread crumbs. Perfect. Generous serving. BYOB, free parking in lot. Cash only, which I hope they change. Within a block of Cape May Stage and the Promenade shopping area.

Visited July 2013
nj
“Superb Cuisine and First Rate Service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was with a large group over the long 4th of July weekend. While this place is cash-only and on the expensive side, it was absolutely worth it - Our waiter Steven took excellent care of us and was very knowledgeable and clearly loved his job---the chilled cucumber summer soup was outstanding - followed by the grouper. Others enjoyed the crab cakes and lobster mac and cheese.

They do take reservations for large parties---this is one of the outstanding restuarants of Cape May - if you know the area, the cuisine rivals Peter Shields, The Ebbitt Room and Merion Inn.

We look forward to returning !!!

• Visited July 2013