“Ehh”

Ranked #62 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: American Coastal Cuisine inspired by the land and the sea, featuring locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Thank you for another fabulous season. See you in May 2017!
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I really wanted to like this place, I really did, but... I had Chilean Sea Bass on a Mango Lentil base. It was good, but the portions were small, too small. My wife had Scallops on Corn Pudding with bacon that tasted great, but again the portion size was not good. She had four regular sized (medium) scallops, something that would have been a large appetizer at a place like the Washington Inn. Others had the chicken which was O.K. Had I not had half of my wife's salad and doubled up on the dinner rolls, it would have been off to another place to get something else to eat afterwards. We skipped desert and went to a safe bet for ice cream to fill us up. For the prices (Chicken $24, to Scallops $30) I expected something more in line with what other places in town are doing. It wasn't bad, just average and expensive for what we received. With so many great restaurants within walking distance, I would try a few other places before I return.

1  Thank m4pEverest

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a wonderful time with the outstanding menu at a great price. Service was excellent and Carol the owner was very cordial in greeting us. Lobster Mac and cheese were excellent as were the scallops. Key Lime dessert great.
BYOB is good and oue waitress Alex really took care of us.
Give them a visit you will enjoy!!!

1  Thank steenerb
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Dined there last year and on Memorial Day revisited with our friends from California. Excellent service from Sarah and excellent food...nicely crafted menu. Will definitely return

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very limited menu. Food was mediocre and small portions. The establishment was small and the staff kept running into each other and customers. Plan on spending a small fortune then half hour later wanting to run to McDs because you are so hungry.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've been to Cape May many times and enjoyed the fare at many restaurants but for some reason we'd missed out on the Island Grille until this visit. We were happy to find it open on a Monday night prior to Memorial Day, when many other Cape May restaurants are closed. We were very pleasantly surprised with our meals. Although neither particularly Caribbean in nature nor Italian in style (apparently the chef had previously worked at one of Mario Batali's restaurants), food was delicious, expertly prepared with fresh ingredients. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the meals. We shall return in future visits to Cape May.