“Love the peanut butter!”

Cape May Peanut Butter Co.
Ranked #1 of 18 Dessert in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Description: We sell 10 varieties of delicious fresh ground nut butters along with jellies, jams, preserves, candy, baked goods, snacks and a lot more.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I visited Cape May as a day trip recently. I had this store marked before I came. I love fresh peanut butter, and this place does not disappoint.
They have a ton of fresh samples out- not just peanut butter- but almond, sunflower, and cashew. I admit, I tried everything! The winner for me was the butterscotch peanut butter. There are some flies buzzing around, which I hate- but it is summer- perhaps a screen to cover the samples?
The store staff was very friendly and explained the difference between the natural and organic peanut butter. I was very involved with the peanut butters- so I hardly noticed the other wares- baked goods, drinks, and other assorted goodies. I wound up taking home 3 types of PB, and some gourmet dog treats- total 14.00 dollars, which is not that different than buying supermarket PB- and trust me, once you start eating the "real," stuff- you will not want the Jif or Peter Pan stuff any longer!

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This place offers excellent samples! This helped us to taste that what appeared to be amazing quality actually tasted phenomenal too!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is the perfect store to have just off the Washington Street Mall in Cape May. The building is clean and set up very well, with a tasting table up front, a blackboard showing prices and selection behind the service area and a great display of goods on tables and in glass cases. There's also a nice brick path outside that leads into the store and a eating area in the back.

The products all look great, and we got the chocolate peanut butter and honey-roasted peanut butter to bring home after sampling everything available (probably a little too much). We probably would've gotten more including the soups and jams and all if we weren't trying to keep things under control.

My one knock echoes the sentiments of another reviewer below. It didn't stop me from sampling, but the sampling containers are a little too...open. It makes you a little nervous knowing how generally selfish/uncaring many people are, and when you combine that with kids running around I'm lucky (as far as I can tell so far) to have avoided who knows what. I like the idea that the samples work with the casual atmosphere and wish people could be trusted to use a spoon and throw it away, but they can't.

Overall though it's something you should definitely do when you're there, and perfect for after dinner. Wait on the desert at the restaurant and stop by here instead!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Best peanut butter I've ever had!! Went on a busy holiday weekend, the only reason why I didn't rate it 5 stars is that one day they were out of fluff, and the following they were out of butterscotch peanut butter! (which I had been craving). Will definitely return.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This store had a great selection of peanut butter products available, more than you could possibly imagine. The samples at the front of the store are excellent. The peanut butter waffle was very good as well. Some of the chocolate was a bit pricey, but it tasted very good. I will stop here again without hesitation.