“Stay Away...!!”

Ranked #35 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Frederick, MD
“Stay Away...!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

The only good things I can say about this motel is the cat lady was nice at the front desk, and it is right across the street from the beach, otherwise it is not worth the $239 dollars we paid to stay there during the month of August. The room was shabby, the fold-out couch was stained and uncomfortable for my boys to sleep on, and the TV was subpar. If we had done more homework I'm sure we could have found a much nicer place to stay at the same or comparable rate. We'll not be staying here again that much is sure. You have been warned!!!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MarkyJim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2009

My 2 small children and I went on vacation, and stayed here. Within the first 5 minutes the kids feet were black! Gladly we brought disinfectent wipes because I don't think the bathroom was ever cleaned! Hair all over the bathroom floor. And the smell was enough to gag us!! If anyone has allergies you do not want to stay here. I should have checked the reviews before instead of after. My mistake, Never again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Skruples

Travelers are raving about these Cape May hotels

New York
Reviewed July 17, 2009

The hotel rooms do smell horrible, the carpet was filthy, the bathrooms had toilets that did not flush and sinks that were plugged. The hide a bed in the living room was broken and the matress had springs or something coming through. My son has to put the single matress on the floor to be able to sleep. The air conditioning unit was blocked by the double bed and did not even cool the rooms. After reviewing this web sight I called and spoke with Eadie the manager and asked about the smell and she replied that the "company" had just spent $25,000 to upgrade the new air conditioning unit. That is not the case. Each unit had a window conditioner stuck in the walls. Also asked about internet acess and was told yes there is internet acess. Also not true unless you sit out in the yard area and pick up a signal from another unit in the area. The rooms also had no phones, and no clocks or alarms. The stay was OK but would suggest you look for another hotel unless this is your absolute last resort.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank NYtravelnurse
Reviewed June 30, 2009

We booked this motel for an over night to attend a family wedding, seeing this was the only motel that booked just one night. I wish I would have read the reviews, I would have drove home instead of spending $261.00. We booked the suit because we had my dad, with us. The smell was horrible, the bathroom ceiling was falling in. The blinds had something on them and I don't know what it was nor do I want to know. The whole experience was awful. My skins crawls just thinking about it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jerseygal478
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Went for leisure overnight stay, unfortunately, the 1st room we got was horrible with that same disgusting smell everyone is referring to. Complete MOLDY smell, so horrible my husband asked to move, we actually paid 30.00 extra to upgrade to a suite, I can't believe we fell for that, this room smelled equally as horrible as the 1st, not to mention the horrible decor..so old and run down looking, old dirty windows that barely lock w/ bugs on the sills, cracks in the hotel door, that you could see daylight through,...eww, you felt like you needed to bathe after leaving the room, We went about our day and decided at midnight when we returned that there was no way we could stay here and got in our car and left, Will never stay here again, a complete waste of $165.00...It cannot be healthy to smell that disgusting moldy smell...Run as far as you can from this Hotel.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank smilesNewJersey
La Mesa
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I read the reviews after making the reservations. The smell that was mentioned was present. A room freshener was in the room. My husband who is sensitive to odors did not comment about the smell but I found it bothersome. It was like the smell clung to your clothing. The carpet needed vacuuming and when checking the room upon leaving found under the bed a ladies black high heel shoe and a bag of Cheetos. We were on the ground floor and neither window locked .(the two windows were located at the back of the room) staff was nice & the manager helpful. The motel has a great location and there are restaurants within walking distance. The swimming pool looked clean. All the features mentioned in the ad are present; the place is just a little run down. It looks good from the outside but not so great in the inside. I would recommend this motel because of the location and value but probably not stay there again because fo the smell.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Birder65
horsham
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I have went to the Colton Court Inn on several occasions now with the Coast Guard for the past year or so and quite frankly was very disappointed to see most of these reviews.

In the past year or so, plus the other 2 of knowledge that I have of the place I have never experienced any unsanitary conditions, unwelcoming staff members, irate people in the area, nor any other negative elements while staying at this beautiful motel. As a matter of fact, I had such a great experience there when I went there for work, that I even came back with my mother and girlfriend!

If spending a beautiful day, week, or month down Cape May beach is something you're looking to do for a great price, great people, and a wonderful overall environment, then this is definitely the motel for you.

I look forward to the opening of Colton Court Inn soon to start a new season of work and leisure down there.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business