“Very nice place,”

Colton Court Motor Inn
Ranked #36 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife & I have stayed here quite offten while working on our boat. You can`t find a nicer place in Cape May
The host, Edie is a very pleasant woman, Very helpfull with all your needs. The rooms a clean & comfortable. Last time I was there they are renovating the rooms a few at a time, the beds are new and pleasant to sleep on
When you go tell Edie SANTA CLAUSE sent ya.

Room Tip: Suites are large and comfy!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank captart69

Reviewed January 20, 2014

On a spur of the moment to trip to Cape May, NJ in January, my husband and I found ourselves wanting to spend the night. As we stopped into various hotels along the beach we either found no vacancies or $170 ++ a night basic rooms. We continued down Beach Ave, and came across the colton Court Motor Inn. We were welcomed by a lovely woman who let us know our beach front room would only be $49 for the night. The room was very basic, but clean and quiet, and had a microwave and refrigerator. The room was perfect, and it gave us some extra money to go have a nice dinner!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mb1991
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed there this week for Three nights. First, I was charged a higher rate then what i was quoted when i made my reservation back in Sept. Our room was clean but deadbolt lock on door was broken, towel rack in bathroom was broken and several bureau drawers would not open. I kept my clothes in the suitcase. It was nice and quiet there and great ocean view. People were nice !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BCINBRAVES10
Reviewed September 25, 2013

After reading all the reviews I was VERY weary about staying at this hotel/motel. I just hitting up Cape May for the night so figured I would deal with it.

When I called they told me that there was a 2 night minimal like most hotels ( starting to see that trend now) but on there website I was allowed to book one night and got my confirmation.

The hotel is located in a perfect location. Right on Beach Ave across the beach, the hotel/motel had plenty of parking and it was well taken care of on the outside. The pool area was clean, nice size pool and plenty chairs ( its off season :)

Booking was very precis that it only started at 2pm, but at 1:37 the young lady at the office came and found me at teh pool and gave me my key. I did find it odd that there we no bathrooms in the courtyard, but there really wasn't a lobby just a small office.

My room was a large size- two beds ( hard but its a motel) a new tv, fridge and microwave. The rooms are VERY outdated but for 100 on the beach I really wouldn't complain. The only issue was my room had a smell- like wet/old smell. Wasn't sure what it was but like I said I stayed a night.

I would stay there again for a night or two again!

Room Tip: I stayed in the 'breezeway" on the first floor, all the difference was two room away froma...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pastytravels
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last year and it was what we expected for the price. Clean but a bit outdated. But an excellent location and could not beat the price. Unfortunately, this year they are a refusing to honor a one night reservation even though their booking system accepted it and they have removed all references to a 2 night minimum from their website. Had this problem with another Cape May hotel that accepted a 2 night stay and then tried to force us to book 3 nights. Seems like a scam in the area. Got a nasty email that I would have to book Friday night too or couldn't come. Must be from the crazy owner referenced in other posts.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We've been going to the Colton for a few years now. It is a great location, beachfront, and the best view in all of New Jersey, the cove. Edie, and her staff are always accommodating and very pleasant. The owners have been doing a great job renovating the hotel, and swimming pool. We love it there, feel very much at home, and it's a great place to relax, sit on the beach, and watch the dolphins. You can park your car and walk everywhere.

Sue and Chas

Room Tip: If you're looking for a reasonable place to stay, in an excellent location, then this is the pla...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chas S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Musty, old bedspreads, no attention to detail and the prices are sky high. When I made the reservation they said there would be absolutely no refunds and now I know why...if we could have we would have moved to another place.

• Stayed: July 2013