“great food on the beach”
Review of Pier House

Pier House
Ranked #18 of 145 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pittsburgh Avenue
Transit: In season trolley service every 15 min in front of restaurant.
Description: Restaurant Temporarily Closed For Renovations
Reviewed March 23, 2010

compared to other restaurants attached to hotels in cape may, this is a delightful change. most restauraunts in town with beach views feel that they can get away with sub par food and make the costumers pay for the view. not true at the pier house. the food is remarkable and they contain a surprisingly extensive wine list. the dining room is sometimes loud and crowded, but the patio is spatious and inviting. also they have a nice intimate bar area with a very knowledgable bar staff. overall the pier house serves a delicious menu at a very reasonable rate considering the beach front locale.

1  Thank fat_and_lazy

Reviewed March 4, 2010

We go to The Pier House every year for our Anniversary. We stay at the La Mer Beachfront located on the same premises. We travel in from Long Island and adore the staff, owners, and cusine. The cocktail lounge is a gem too. As for the food, be prepared for some awesome dinners that are cooked to perfection. Some of the fish specials are worth the ticket. My husband bragged that he had his best meals served here, I agree. Also love the fact that having a few cocktails and walking to your room with a view is a treat.

1  Thank Yanksansky
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Real good to very good food 98% of the time. Great wine list, You can eat at the bar or at a table, Street parking, Patio seating weather permitting, The wait staff needs some tweeking, And they seem to love to bring your dinner to you while your still working on your appetizers. Just a little pricey for what it is. All in all I go 6 to 8 or so times a year

Reviewed October 19, 2009

We just recently returned from a two-night trip to Cape May for my birthday. We stayed at La Mer Motor Inn which is located directly behind Pier House. One of the perks of staying at La Mer is that they give you 15% off of breakfast at the restaurant. I'm glad we used it because it was definitely worth it. They also were giving 15% off dinner if you ate before 6 or 6:30. That's a little too early for us, so we didn't take them up on it.

They had a large breakfast menu with prices running about like any other breakfast place i.e. $5 - $10 per entree with most things running about $8. We both had scrambled eggs with toast and home fries. We shared a side of pancakes which the hubby wanted and a side of andouille sausage that I wanted. We definitely over ordered on the food especially given the fact that the portions are so large.

Breakfast is breakfast is breakfast, I guess, but this really was above average. The eggs were very light and fluffy. The toast wasn't just plain toast, but was a thicker slice that was really good. The home fries were good, but nothing special. The pancakes had a very good flavor and were very fluffy. The andouille sausage was delicious if you like andouille sausage. In the end, I'd recommend this place and hope to return to Cape May and try out their dinner. We ate there year's ago when it was Water's Edge and was one of the best meals I've ever eaten out. I'd like to see how the Pier House stacks up in comparison.

1  Thank cloudydrms
Reviewed October 9, 2009

I've been going to Cape May for over 20 years and found this to be one of the best restaurants in town, the only con is that its not a BYOB and the wine is a little pricey, the steak and salmon were cooked perfect and the service was among the best we've experienced while visiting Cape May over the years.