“Delicious and Different”
Review of Pier House

Pier House
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pittsburgh Avenue
Transit: In season trolley service every 15 min in front of restaurant.
Description: Restaurant Temporarily Closed For Renovations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Its hard to find a restaurant that is different from the typical steak or seafood options. George is an incredible chef who changes his menu around often and thus the food remains outstanding and rarely gets old.
I love their breakfast especially the mango tu tango french toast and cappuccino YUMMMM!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently took my first trip to Cape May and I loved it. Many of my friends have been to Cape May before, and gave the Pier House the highest recommendations. My family and I had breakfast at the Pier House this past Sunday (the 21st). The food was amazing, probably the best my family had while in Cape May, but I cannot say the same for the service. Our waitress was great, but the blonde girl at the front was very rude and curt with me. When we first walked into the restaurant, we received a very cold welcome. The girl at the front was on her cell phone, and did not even look up to make eye contact. Instead she tossed menus at a server and told them to seat us. I decided to ignore this encounter and give the restaurant another chance. I am glad I did because the food was absolutely amazing. The portion sizes were well worth the cost, and the diversity of the menus was endless. There truly are options for everyone at the Pier House. Not to mention the pancakes were fabulous! Then when we were leaving, I went back to the girl at the front to ask her about different attractions and activities I could do with my children while in Cape May. She really had no clue about what to do in the area and continued to play on her cell phone instead of helping me. Thankfully the servers there were nice enough to inform me of the local attractions. I loved this food at this restaurant, but I cannot understand why they would have such a miserable, inattentive person welcoming people. Maybe if she put a smile on and put away her cell phone for a few minutes, I would have felt more welcome. I am very glad that I decided to ignore this girl's rudeness and give the restaurant a chance, but her unprofessionalism almost made me leave. I will definitely dine again at the Pier House, but hopefully they will have nicer person at the front of the restaurant next time I dine there.

2  Thank Janet M
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Once inside you think you are in Greece with the sunny minimal decor. Food was very good, with a Greek twist, chicken soup with lemon for instance. Very pleasant wait staff, who gave wonderful service.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Truth be told, we dined at the Pier House because we had a coupon. However, that could in no way take's away from the experience. Cape May is a bit quiet this time of year, so it's the best time to go! Burk our server was excellent, knowledgeable, efficient. The food, with a mediterranian flair was phenominal, Sea Bass for me, Filet for my hubby. Flavorful and beautifully presented.
My only complaint....we ordered Cape May Cosmos and they were quite strong, I guess being a light weight, I wasn't able to enjoy it.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Have dined at this restaurant on two separate stays in cape may. Don't be fooled by the understated decor. The chef is awesome. Food is delicious and the presentation beautiful. The specials have always been great! The staff is knowledgable about the menu and the wine. They offer food service on the beach for lunch. PS great breakfast outdoors too.