“A wonderful place to meet and eat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hemingway's Prime Steaks & Seafood Restaurant

Hemingway's Prime Steaks & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 136 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
MD
“A wonderful place to meet and eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

If if you don't stay at The Grand, you're always welcome in Hemmingway's. Their menu features steaks, seafood, and most everything else one would want and it has a great view of the beach and ocean

Visited March 2013

Lakewood New Jesery
“Good Service,Strong Drinks and Great Food:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

When ever I visit Cape May I go to Hemingways. We were just there this past week. They had $7.00 Drink Specials and 17.00 winter dinner menu. I ordered Chicken with apples,cranberries in a champaign sauce.Delicious.My Fiancée had the bone in filet,suberb. The next day I went back to Hemingways I had the Lobster mac and cheese.It was great.I am a mac and cheese addict,so belive me when I say it was great. The calamari was great as well.
In short the resturant is clean,the service is good,the food is great and the drinks are strong. You can't go wrong at hemingways.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JIMSHILO
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“A diamond in the rough having an off day.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

First, I'd like to say we have been here a bazillion times and have mostly had great service along with pretty good food at a not so pricey cost. We came into town for a few days on Valentines Week and decided to stop in for lunch on Valentine's day. We arrived about 1:30pm and were greeted by the same hostess that is usually there. She is pretty gruff and has no time for you if you are not a well known local. In fact, she has left us in the middle of the floor to be seated before to go and chat with her elderly friends that are dining. I usually love the service of this because they are always on point However, today I'm shocked that all they had there for wait staff was 2 waitresses and 1 waiter. Oh and let's not forget the bartender/young lady that they kept pulling from the bar to wait tables.

We ordered the shrimp cocktail which took 20 mins to get but I must say it was to die for and the size of lobster tails. Our waitress had come over to us to let us know that the shrimp was really fresh and that is why it took so long. She said they had to clean the shrimp and cook it fresh. I ordered the crab cake sandwich with fries and cole slaw. Crab cake mediocre, fries great, and cole slaw, meh. The hubs ordered the roast beef sandwich cold with chips and cole slaw. The sandwich was huge and, well you know about the cole slaw. Our whole meal took an hour and a half to get because of the short staff. I mean really, shouldn't you have the right amount of staff for Valentines day. It was packed in there. We ended up at the bar for a few drinks afterwards. The bartender was nowhere in sight so we asked the hostess if there was a bartender, even though there were other people at the bar I felt the need to ask since we were waiting a good 10 mins. The hostess was gruff and rather rude again stating she's waiting tables. The bartender arrived and she was very accommodating when she saw us. She was waiting tables and tending bars. I really felt for the girl. Management should have tightened up on a bigger staff for valentine's day and they need to check the hostess' professionalism. I will be back because I still really like this place and it was obviously having an off day.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank RFosh
“Pretty good mid-level restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

After the hostess turned us away for not having a reservation, a manager came right over and offered us a very nice table on the dance floor in the bar. The service was slow, probably because the waitress was extended to include the newly opened bar tables, but the manager chipped in and it was OK. We ordered clams on the half shell (great) and lamb chops (a little too much raw garlic but very good) for appetizers. Our meals (stuffed flounder and a wedge salad) were very good. My son ordered a medium rare filet that was not a good cut to begin with, then overcooked to medium well. They did take it off the bill for us and would have replaced it, so I would not hold that against them.

North Cape May, NJ
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Ordered the sea bass special and it was by far the best prepared sea bass I've ever had! My husband ordered the rib eye and was cooked perfect! My martini was great and dessert was too good! Looking forward to going back... and our leftovers tomorrow.