Highland House
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$179
$160
Periwinkle Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$191
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$139
$126
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$229
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$229
La Mer Beachfront Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$243
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$269
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$223
The Grand Hotel(Cape May)
$166
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
$216
All reviewsgarden roommary ellenburgundy roomsunset beachpet friendly placemy husband and iprivate entrancewest capeopen year roundprivate baththe blue roomclaw footadjoining roomsfully equipped kitchenplace to stayother guestshome away from home
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Thank you to owner Dave & his mom, Grandma Terry, for an enjoyable Feb. weekend. This was our first B&B get-away with our son (11) and dog (4). The Highland House is definitely a people-friendly and dog-friendly 'home', and it's location is great. Cold, windy & sunny outside - but warm & welcoming inside, with good home-cooked meals by Dave, and breakfasts and desserts by Terry who is simply an amazing woman! We had the Maroon and Blue rooms with a shared bathroom, giving our son and dog some extra independence and freedom that they enjoyed as well. Lovely yard, patio, decks, screened gazebo, & front porch that would be most enjoyable in the spring, summer or fall. You can feel the caring pride of ownership & friendliness at The Highland House -- a great place to stay while in Cape May, especially for dog-lovers!
Thanks again for your hospitality Dave, and keep up the good work!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Margo0120
HighlandHouseCapeMay, Owner at Highland House, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for the review you've written of your stay at the Highland House. It was nice of you to refer to my Mom as Grandmom too. She somehow has the presence that causes everyone to leave calling her Grandma. I'm glad your son and her connected. Thanks too for your kind review of your rooms. We try to give everyone a space even our pet guests a comfortable and relaxing accommodations. It's always a boost when we hear that we accomplished what we set out to do. We hope that you'll return to the Highland House and wll check out all that the other wonderful seasonal surprises Cape May has to offer.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We are returning guests of the Highland House; however, this is the first time we've visited in the winter months. As was the case during our last stay, both the owner, Dave, and his lovely mother, Terry, were very welcoming. Cape May has a quiet peacefulness during the winter, making me wonder why this is the first time we've done an off-season visit. Being able to stay with our dog Max and take him on the quiet beaches was definitely a plus. While some restaurants are not open year-round, Dave suggested we have dinner by the fireplace at the Blue Pig Tavern -- just a short walk from the Highland House. Dave's suggestion was spot-on. It was a lovely dinner. I would definitely recommend Cape May and the Highland House for a winter get away especially if you have a four-legged family member...

Room Tip: Two of the downstairs rooms have separate entrances -- a great option if you have a pet and want to go in and out for walks.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Beachtravelermax

Dear Guest, It's always nice to hear when our guests including the 4 legged ones enjoyed their stay. Thanks for visiting the Highland House this past Winter. We hope that you'll return to the Highland House and see all of the beauty of the Spring popping up all around us. Thanks for your kind note.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I reserved the Cottage in Villas the day before we wanted to go and got lucky that no one was renting it. We had to stop at the highland house to pick up the key. Terry(I think that's her name) was so kind and talkative, I even checked her mailbox for her! I felt like she was my grandma, she was so nice. We got to the cottage and I was completely blown away. I love the kitchen, the decor, the backyard, I loved everything! So did my fiancé and our dogs. There was so much room and it was so comfortable. There was dishwater, utensils, pots and pans. Just like if you were at home. I can't say enough how beautiful the cottage was and how much we enjoyed ourselves. We will definitely be back, it was only a block or so away from my family that lives in Villas so it was such a good find!! The only negative thing I would have to say is that someone didn't clean up after their dog from another stay, so my fiancé stepped in a huge pile of poop. This doesn't reflect bad on the owner of the cottage and highland house but the owner of the dog. It's your responsibility to pick up after your pets. This place is so beautiful, I hope it continues to stay that way. I spent every summer as a child in Cape May, I can say as long as the cottage is around we just may have a place to bring our kids to experience what I did as a child.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Cxtina24
HighlandHouseCapeMay, Owner at Highland House, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you so much for writing your review of the Highland House Cottage. The Highland House wants all of our guests including the four legged guests to feel to home. We're glad to hear that you were enjoyed your holiday at our place. Thanks for letting us know about the other guest dog's accident. It's given me the idea to set up stations with doggie clean up bags...
The Highland House also started Garden Pawtea's that benefit a local Animal Shelter. The teas right now are during the Winter and Spring months every Saturday from 1:00 to 3:00 weather permitting. A lot of nice folks have come to support a good cause. Stop by if you can.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've never felt like I just hit the jackpot as I did when I arrived at the Highland Cottage for our 3 day vacation earlier this month. I read several reviews and booked our stay hoping it would prove to be the right choice. We chose to stay at the Cottage in Villas, NJ, a quick 15 minutes from Cape May. I can tell you that the minute we walked inside, we knew we got lucky. This was our first vacation with 2 of our dogs and we were unsure of how they would handle a new place. Within a couple of hours, they were settled in as if it was their second home. They loved exploring the huge fenced in yard! Once they checked everything out, they stretched out on the sofa for a peaceful snooze. I think the thing I loved the most about our stay was that the dogs were able to do exactly what they do when they are home (i.e.- sleep on the couch, investigate every nook of the yard). That eliminated any of their anxiety about being in a strange place. The cottage's decor was impressive and Dave has made sure that it's equipped with everything you may need while there. Up to date, modern furnishings ( I would have killed for the granite countertop!), central air, a tv in every room, an unbelievably comfortable bed with an euro-top mattress, and a Jenn-Air range with grill..... The Cottage is located 4 blocks from the bay ocean where you can take your dogs for a walk on the beach and enjoy the beautiful sunsets. Cape May Winery is located close by as are a number of restaurants. You even have the benefit of visiting the Highland House when you pick up the key and the added bonus of meeting Dave's Mom, Terry. Talk about the hostess with the mostess! We were merely stopping in for they key but were graciously offered a sample of her homemade chocolate cake. I can't think of a better place we could have taken our dogs on vacation. Dave, you were definitely meant to be doing this - your passion for people and animals shines through in what you offer the animal lovers of the world. Kudos to you and your Mom. I wish you continued success in your endeavor and hope to see you again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank newyorkpets

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The Highland House and Highland Cottage hopes that all who visit feel at home, including the guest pets. It's so nice to hear that your visit was a wonderful one. It's nice to read that your dogs felt at home too. It's a great visual of them playin in the backyard an relaxing on the sofa... I cannot tell you how appreciative we are that you took the time to give the Highland House Cottage such a nice review. Thank you on behalf of the Highland House, myself and my Mom. I hope you enjoyed her chocolate cake.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Terry makes you feel at home while on vacation away from home. Dogs are welcome, but not necessary to enjoy this B&B. Elegant style and comfort at a fair price year round. I'd recommend it to anyone going to Cape May.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple