“Twice Lucky”
Review of Lucky Bones

Lucky Bones
Ranked #9 of 137 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Seafood, Pub, International
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albany, New York
“Twice Lucky”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

On our recent vacation, we made a point to stop at Lucky Bones. We had heard about the place on a previous visit to Cape May. We stopped for lunch one day and were surprised by the quality of the meals. We expected tavern food but each of the three of us had high marks for our choices. Because of our experience, we decided to return to have dinner the following week. Again , we were all very happy we our selections, i particularly would recommend the hamburger. it was one of the best i have had and, therefore got it again the second visit. one of us ordered the onion soup. It was so good, we ordered some to go for our lunch the next day.
Service is attentive and very friendly. This added to welcome feeling of this establishment. The place gets busy, especially because of its strategic location as you enter town.
Only one caution, it got pretty chilly when we went for lunch. Light jacket or sweater would have helped. In fairness, the place was less full at the time and outside temperature was only in mid 70's.

• Visited July 2014

“Great little gem in Cape May !!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I really like this place! Ten of us went for lunch and the wait staff was very responsive and friendly and even though we had a big crowd the we were seated quickly.
The atmosphere was nice, friendly bar type of place, suitable for family. The food was real good!
I highly recommend the shrimp and crab patty sandwich (YUM!!)
If your I'm Cape May and need a good lunch at a reasonable price this is your place

Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had a great lunch and the service was great as well. Our waitress was super sweet and helpful. We had a variety of food from the pulled pork sandwich, to seafood pizza, a tuna sandwich and a chicken sandwich. The only thing that I wouldn't recommend would be pulled pork, it looked a little greasy for my taste. But worth a try on the rest!

Visited July 2014
Sudbury, Canada
“Fine Place for Lunch”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place looks like a run-of-the-mill roadhouse-style restaurant. Booth seating, noisy, televisions everywhere showing sports... At the the food was good, and the prices reasonable.

Visited July 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Some good, some bad”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Calamari was delicious. We all ordered the signature clam vegetable soup at $6 a cup. There were barely any clams in any of them. I counted two in my bowl. It was basically a broth with celery. My sister ordered a Caesar salad for her meal and it came out with two croutons and was supposed to have "aged shaved Parmesan" according to the menu. No shaved cheese. She got a cup of the powder Parmesan you get at the grocery store. Which is fine, but don't mislead people on your menu. We barely saw our waitress. She took our order and checked in once. Other people served us our food. My beer that I got at the bar was empty for awhile with no offer for another drink. The main courses however, were DELICIOUS. Fresh and cooked perfectly. I had the flounder special. I would recommend eating here, I would just stay away from the soups and salad. Stick with the main courses, and hopefully not all the servers are having a bad day like ours was. Or try to eat in the bar...it had a great bar!

• Visited July 2014