“A very good dinner”

Lucky Bones
Ranked #12 of 141 Restaurants in Cape May
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Been there after 7pm, the place was well crowded, we had to wait a little to get a table, so they gave us a buzzer to alert us when the table will be ready. Unfortunately, the buzzer's signal don't go as far as the back of the restaurant where we were waiting near the pond looking at the sunset so we waited a lot longer that we expected. We also waited a long time before we got our glasses of water...

The food was very good, all the family enjoyed their meals, but the restaurant is a very loudly place, and maybe you won't enjoy the music if you don't like country music

1  Thank starfrit

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I visit Lucky Bones often and enjoy it very much. Very good food, excellent service. Our only complaint has been the noise that reached very annoying levels as the place became crowded, as it often did in the evening. BUT, on our last visit with my daughter and granddaughter, we were pleased to note that management had installed sound absorbing panels on the ceiling in the dining room. What a difference it made! Even our waitress was thankful. She said that it made the waitstaff's work a lot more pleasant. I might add that the servers deserve a pleasant experience because they are excellent.

All four of us had the wood-fired pizza that Lucky Bones is justly famous for, and as usual, liked them very much.

Thanks, Lucky Bones, for a more enjoyable experience.

1  Thank practans
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I'm not usually the type to go out of my way to write a review.. But I really had to comment on our experience the last time we visited Lucky Bones. Bonnie was amazing. She was so attentive to our group, leaving a lasting memory of her personality and charm. Bonnie made sure we understood each component of the dishes, giving fabulous recommendations... And our glasses were never empty. (our only complaint> a better drink menu would have been handy!) And even though we waited about 35 minutes for a table, she made the night worth it! We all commented on how she made us feel right at home>> I would highly recommend going back to this restaurant, and would definitely recommend waiting to be sat at one of her tables! In fact, that is our plan for our next Cape May visit. (P.S. the ribs were delicious!)

2  Thank Yankees827
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stopped by this place on a whim during a day trip to the beach looking to escape the heat. Yummy food was good for lunch. I am not sure what the night time scene is like, though I have driven by and it has been rather crowded.

1  Thank Monica D
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We discovered this place when we visited last year, went back this year and it was just as satisfying as last year. The grilled veggie burger with roasted veggies is just fantastic. I love it! The fresh veggies and melted cheese....yum! My husband had flounder stuffed with shrimp and crab, with a light lemon sauce, on a bed of mashed sweet potatoes and fresh, crisp baby string beans which he said was just fantastic! Great food at a very reasonable price and friendly, helpful staff too. Don't miss it!

1  Thank lorilou88