“a nice way to spend our rainy afternoon”
Review of Cape May Winery

Cape May Winery
Ranked #7 of 62 things to do in Cape May
Reviewed October 12, 2013

even on a rainy day the place was busy, we were served quickly out the outside deck bar. We enjoyed a tasting of 6 (they offered a total of 8 possibilities) and got to keep our glass as a souvenir. We bought a bottle of the syrah and share a table with some other people, who were friendly and fun. I am kind of glad we visited on a rainy day in October, I could imagine it being very crowded in season. They have plenty of room for tasting and enjoying a bottle, but the room near the fireplace was full. They are also dog friendly.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a very pretty little winery, with a lovely deck with pergola overlooking the vineyards where you can sit down and enjoy a glass of wine with the view. Nice little gift store and the wine is pleasant

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was my second visit to this Winery - both visits were in October - the first was last year. The location in the fall is stunning and we had one of those perfect Indian Summer days. Two friends and I did a wine tasting - 6 tastes of your choice of the available wines for $6. After the tasting we all picked a glass of our favorites and headed out to the back patio. We brought a cooler with goodies in it and spent an enjoyable hour.

When you first walk in to the building you step into their store. Off to your left you enter the tasting room - one wall is filled with barrels and there are several different seating arrangements where you can enjoy your wine. The patio is outside this room. There is another location upstairs but I didn't go up either time. There is a bathroom near the entrance - a one-seater so there can be a bit of a line. It was clean on both visits.

I didn't do the tour on either visit, so I cannot comment on it. If you're in the area already, go in for a tasting and some time on the back patio - you won't be sorry.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We spent the lunch hour at the winery with a glass of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and the cheese and bread we brought in. It was a very nice time sitting on their back veranda amongst the vines sipping our chosen wine and eating our lunch. I would recommend the winery as a stop during your travels in Cape May.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on a Sunday and did the $6.00 tasting of 6 wines with free glasses. We then each purchased a glass of our favorites and took a walk through the vineyard on a lovely afternoon. We found a nice place to sit and relax. I really liked the Syrah.