“So surprised by the Quality!”
Review of Cape May Winery

Cape May Winery
Ranked #7 of 60 things to do in Cape May
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had no idea that wines were produced in NJ. I visited the tasting room and was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the reds. Tried 2 plus the rose. I would definitely buy my wine there and take to several of the local restaurants that are BYOB!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at the Cape May winery on a weekday afternoon for a quick tasting. It turned into a long and frustrating experience. After paying the $6.00 each tasting fee we were directed into another large room to fill out a card indicating our wine choices. This takes place in a seperate seating area away from the bartending staff. We found this extra step to be annoying and unnecessary. We are frequent visitors to Seneca Lake and typically you are presented with the tasting card AT the pouring area so you can converse with the staff and have any questions answered to help you select a wine thst suits your tastes. When we found a place at the bar we were ignored for 10 minutes. Two bartenders were present, but only one of them had a hard time serving 2 parties at once. We were finally served only after I requested service from the bartender working the other half of the bar. Cape May winery feels very amateurish and unorganized. Wine tasting is supposed to be informative and FUN. That was not our experience.

1  Thank Tara P
Toby C, Manager at Cape May Winery, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I would like to apologize for the slow service that you experienced. I am assuming you were here on Friday July 5. If this is correct we were inordinately busy that day. Typically on sunny beach worthy days, as this one was, our tasting rooms are relatively quiet. For some reason on this particular day there seemed to be the perfect merger of , too hot for the beach, large crowds in town, and our winery being understaffed and having 2 trainees working that day. All this led to less then stellar performance on our part and for this I apologize. If your visit was on another day then I am at a loss for why you experienced a slowness on our part and would like to talk to you about this in further detail.

If you desire, please contact me at randall@capemaywinery.com and I would be more than happy to schedule another tasting for you.

Randall Segal
Manager

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Really enjoyed spending a few hours at this beautiful winery. Did a wine tasting that was fun and informative. The outside patio by the vineyards is lovely and relaxing. I would like to try the evening they serve dinner prepared by the Washington Inn, I had been wanting to go here for a long time and it was much better than I thought. Really impressed.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went to the Cape May winery on our way back from a 2 night stay.

This winery offers a reasonable value on wine tastings/tours. While my wife and I would recommend the Long Island wineries for a serious wine trip (on the east coast), this place is a good value for a nice afternoon under a covered deck - perhaps BYO lunch.

Of all the wines we tastes, The pinot grigio was by far the best. It's a nice bottle to have in your stock for the summer.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

On our way into Cape May for a mother/daughter (I am a young adult) trip, we stopped off at the Cape May winery. It's a lovely place. Very beautiful property, but you also don't forget that you're at the beach. We took a walk around the vineyard and stood on the deck for a little, then did the wine tasting. The wine tasting is a great deal - $6 to try 6 of their wines (just sips) and you get a souvenir stemless wine glass with the winery logo on it. We are not really wine people but we still had a great time. Definitely recommend! Note: I said "Friends" trip because it made me choose - but as I mentioned, we are family but I'm not a teenager :)