“Repeat visitor”

Emlen Physick Estate
Ranked #8 of 60 things to do in Cape May
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: 1879 Emlen Physick Estate, Cape May's only Victorian house museum. Daily tours and special exhibits; trolley tours of the Historic District. Museum shop, gallery, and restaurant. Check website for guided and self-guided tour times.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've been lucky enough to visit a few times over the years, and I never get tired of it. I only wish I could take photos, but I understand in the view of preservation that this isn't possible. It's such a lovely house and so well taken care of now. My tour guides have all be friendly, engaging, and knowledgeable. Anyone interested history/architecture would enjoy a visit here.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I love learning about history, love buildings like this. The furniture and architecture was magnificent. They also told stories about how the residents spent their time and the etiquette of the time period. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn something new.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I love the way the house and estate are preserved. The tour guides were very knowledgeable and personable. I have been to the Estate several times. Loved the stories about Aunt Emilie. This house was part of my research about CM when I was writing one of my books. Gave me some valuable information.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Estate is very interesting with a lot of great history related to Cape May. Paired with the trolley tour of Cape May it makes for a great visit. They also offer a fun event around Christmas time with Christmas caroling with Mrs. Claus on the trolley and carolers at the Estate.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Good tour, very interesting & not too long. If you like architecture and history, this can be something nice and different to do. The staff was also nice.