Open today: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful history of a beautiful house

We went to see Santa light the Christmas tree on 11/17/18. So nice to see so many people turn out... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Sharon T
Clifton, New Jersey
Step back in time

Worth going through as everything seems that time has stopped and there no detail was left undone... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
NovaRochester_NY
Rochester, NY

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Cape May
from $45.00
from $50.00
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews carriage house tea room beautiful house original furnishings tour guide old mansion victorian life victorian times victorian age christmas tour gift shop great tour step back in time victorian style trolley ride minute tour interesting history
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Wasn't exactly treated with the nicest attitude. Felt like we were keeping the guide from doing something she truly wanted to be doing. Wouldn't go back. Plenty of other things to see at Cape May....I will happily view the Physick Estate from the OUTSIDE and skip the tours from now on.

3  Thank XersizeMom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The guides are really friendly and informative. Although I've gone on the Physic Home tours numerous times over the years, it always fascinates me how the well-to-do Dr. Physick and his family lived in their summer home in Cape May. The ceramic tile on the fireplaces is gorgeous throughout this house!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I went on a tour of Cape May that included a tour of the Estate. It was very informative and enjoyable and we would recommend taking this tour. You can get information at Washington Street where there is an information booth.

1  Thank Lofty49Parsippany_NJ
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We took this tour as part of the combo package along with a trolley tour of historic Cape May. My 14 year old goddaughter thought it was great, I think that says it all. The town of Cape May is truly unique and beautiful. So much history in such a compact area.
The Emlen Physick Estate is a real step back in time to Victorian America. Although I wouldn't want to swim in a woolen bathing suit or cook on a cast iron stove, the beauty of the home and grounds reflects a more genteel time in America's history. It really makes you appreciate our heritage a little more.
I wouldn't recommend it for small children, but think teenagers and up will really enjoy both tours.
It's a great way to see Cape May.

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a very interesting tour. I really enjoyed the history of the buildings and the people who lived there. If you like history or architecture, you will enjoy this tour.

1  Thank sillyyorkie