and 1 more site!
Sandpiper Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 2 yr old son from 6/20-6/23. This is our second year staying here (with baby), we stayed at the Virginia two years prior when it was just my husband and I. The Cape Resorts properties are all top notch!

The Sandpiper is great for so many reason - full kitchen, washer/dryer, maid service 2x day, complimentary beach chairs/umbrellas, right on Beach Ave, and centrally located to Washington St Mall and many great bars/restauarants. The hotel itself is super clean, has a fantastic gym, and fit all of our needs for our family.

The only drawback is that our bed and pillows really sucked this year! I don't remember having such an uncomfortable bed last year. I felt every spring and woke up each day with a stiff neck. It was definitely a disappointment, as I'm 7.5 months pregnant and needed as much rest as possible after chasing a toddler on the beach all day and walking around all afternoon/evening.

We had a one bedroom suite, and set our son's pack and play up in the living room with the blinds drawn. He was able to sleep in til about 7ish every morning.

Loved the $20 breakfast credit to Blue Pig Tavern - we ate there every morning and the staff was extremely accommodating to families with small children.

Another plus to the Sandpiper is that you can access their showers in the spa area even after you check out, so if you want to spend the day at the pool/beach, you can shower and change before heading home.

We love this hotel and will probably be back again next year - but will need a two bedroom for the kids :)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank DanielleAA

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I come here yearly and absolutely love it! The resort is exceptionally clean and well appointed. The SandPiper is across from the beautiful beach and close to shops and many top notch restaurants. Friendly workers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Daze16
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here with my family (2 adults, 2 children) for the weekend. The unit was clean, bright and comfortable. Although the bedrooms were a little tight, they were perfect for a weekend. Great location, and easy check in. The maid even turned down our beds in the evening.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank bsy
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed from 4/24-4/28/14. The place is right on Beach Ave, but the entrance is on the side street, a bit hidden and the turn in sign is pretty small, so keep your eyes open!

Overall, the resort is really nice. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN and definitely family friendly with spacious suites and an elevator. The location couldn't be more perfect -- about 3 blocks from Washington Square Mall, Literally park your car and walk everywhere. There is a really nice gym (that I didn't use, but it was really nice for a not too swanky place). You can also share the amenities with the sister hotels, the Virginia and Congress Hall, but this mostly applies to the pool and spa, which I think are more summer amenities.

Some things to note...
1) the first floor is really a level up, but there is an elevator if you wanted a 1st floor for stroller and baby ease (like I did).
2)The bedrooms are right off the door and are BRIGHT at like 6am. My 10 mo old didn't want to go back to sleep. But the place is huge, nice updated kitchen with plates, pots, silverware etc. I was able to request a Pack and Play for no cost (a crib is $20/night). The towels are super plush and the bed was really comfy.
3) WEIRD drawback -- during non-prime season (i.e. anytime other than summer) there is NO ON-SITE STAFF. Housekeeping staff are around from like 9-4pm. Actual staff don't show up until Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. This means you have to check in at the sister resort 2 blocks away, Congress Hall. I WAS NOT TOLD THIS AHEAD OF TIME and was truly an inconvenience after driving 3 hours with a 10 month old in need of food and a clean diaper. A housekeeping staff member at the Sandpiper was super kind and helped us out big time -- checking me in over the phone with Congress Hall and gave me oour room keys but I still had to get to Congress Hall later that afternoon to sign the paperwork.
4) ANNOYING drawback -- WiFi is free, but you need a username and password. Which you have to reenter every 5 flippin minutes. Our smart phones would not "recognize" the location and each time you close an app or sign out of email or leave the room, you HAVE TO reenter the username and password. VERY ANNOYING.
5) ANNOYING drawback -- cell phone service SUCKS. Neither my husband or I could get a signal anyplace in the room, including on the balcony.

Overall, we would definitely go back there if we go again with the kids. If it were a couples retreat, I think I'd do something more boutique-y (like the Virginia).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Kristin M
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We made our first family vacation Club Med Sandpiper this January 2014. Overall, I rate it 4½ starts - With nicer weather and beach access, this will be 5 stars for us!!

We are a family of 4, kids age 11 and 9. We loved the hotel room layout. There was a room for mom and dad and a bunk bed room for children with their own TV. We love the food over the Marketplace buffet, especially chef cooking the special dish right In front of you. White and Dark choc bread definitely deadly. WE LOVE the energy and caring from G.O team. Hunter from Latitude 27, Casey and Chelsea from Manatee. Hannah from trapeze, my kids really enjoy daily circus school and flying trapeze. Mom and dad love Tennis lesson every day, group exercise like Zumba, spinning class, body toning, 5K etc. If you are into weight lifting, there is a really nice weight room – with a good Olympic lifting platform and nice barbell and bumper plates.

G.O Team are the best we can ask for, they take care of kids from 9am and entertain the kids and family until 10pm each day. Nightly entertainment and dancing party are great as well. We are looking forward to visit Sandpiper Bay or any other Club Med location in the near future.

We missed the beach access and we do have one day with 50 degree temperatures and another day that was a total rainout. Regardless of the cool weather, the G. O team still performed the flying trapeze at night and us guests were given blankets and hot cocoa while enjoying the performance. We love all the G.O teams and Chief of the village, David Meyers! Thanks for the wonderful family memories.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Catherine P
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My mother and I took my daughter for a little girls trip. We loved the Sandpiper Beach Club! Close to the beach and the shops. It was very clean and great for a family to stay. Our only problem is that we didn't plan to stay longer. Hoping to go back again this year for another girls trip!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank kalburke65
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I've stayed at multiple motels at Cape May over the years, from real budget places to higher end and this is the nicest of them all. The rooms have a modern feel without being out of place for the shore. Newer appliances and a washer/dryer that we made use of. Very clean throughout. Very comfortable king bed and even good pillows, a rarity in motels. We stayed out of season so there the office isn't open until the weekend. We checked in at Congress Hall, also owned by Cape Resorts. The back side of the motel is decidedly average in appearance, looking more like a budget motel and the office and lobby is blah and budget-looking too. To get to our room we had to walk down a narrow, dark outdoor hallway and take what is possibly the slowest elevator in America to the third floor. The workout room is one of the best I've ever seen. I work out five days a week and know my way around gyms, and this was fantastic. Real free weights! The furniture is very comfortable, unlike other motels, and it's a pleasure to be in these rooms. To put it another way, if you had to stay inside because of rain, you'd be fine and very comfortable. In some motels you'd go stir-crazy and we've all been to places like that. Not here.
It really depends on what you want. For half the price the best rooms at LaMer and the Montreal are just fine, but a little out of the way. For real budget deals the Beach Shack is OK, also in the Cape Resorts family. Stay away from the Lafayette, with dreadful service albeit great views. The Sandpiper is easily the nicest place we've stayed in. The only question is value, and that's an individual call.

Room Tip: If you like a direct view over Beach Avenue to the ocean, try to get 215, 315, 216, 316. They go fas...