“Good food-slow service”

Oyster Bay Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 136 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean Street
Description: There’s no savory delight quite like the culinary combination of seafood and steak. Why not treat yourself to the best of both at Oyster Bay Steak & Seafood Restaurant? We offer an astounding experience made memorable by our talented chefs and fast, friendly wait staff. So make today the day you dine at Oyster Bay Steak & Seafood Restaurant. We have the freshest local seafood and best Angus beef around. And if that’s not enough, you can enjoy your favorite cocktails or the choicest wine at our inviting new bar! We even offer free parking on our lot. What’s not to like? Visit us today!
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Good food-slow service”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Food was good. I just had salad and soup. Too full from our food tour. My husband had NY Strip Steak with garlic/chive mashed potatoes and fresh string beans. It was cooked just the way he liked it with a mound of mashed potatoes. I did taste the latter and they were really good. The place is beautiful and nice for a special dinner. The only problem is the service was very, very slow.. Allow lots of time.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MonieB

Lewes, Delaware
“Wife's Favorite”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Asked where she wanted to have dinner to celebrate her birthday, my wife said without hesitation, "Oyster Bay". The restaurant had just reopened for the season, and introduced the expansion that was underway since January. The bar area has been greatly enlarged, and there is now a bar menu with small plates, raw bar items, etc. There is still the lenthy selection of martinis and Cosmopolitans and craft beers for which the restaurant is well known. The three dining rooms remain serving a separate dinner menu. .
Neither of us chose from the attractive list of appetizers and salads because we thought we might want a dessert. My wife selected the Grouper entree that was a special for the evening, and I chose the Seafood Pot Pie. The Grouper was prepared with a panko and chorizo crust, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed it. The Seafood Pot Pie was a generous serving of shrimp, sea scallops and a small split lobster tail in a creamy sauce with peas, pieces of potato and carrot all served in a deep plate with a large piece of baked puff pastry on top rather than a more traditional crust. It was wonderful. At this point we were full and passed on dessert.

Oyster Bay is probably my wife's favorite restaurant in the Cape May area and is one of my favorites. It is not inexpensive, but we think that it provides very good value. We will happily return.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank practans
Wildwood Crest
“Favorite restuarant in NJ!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Hands down, my favorite restuarant in NJ... The atmosphere, friendly staff, and amazing food is above any other. We started out with lobster and crab crostini and fried tomatoes with crabmeat. So fresh and delicious! I ordered the special: fresh grouper encrusted with andouille sausage and Panko bread crumbs. It was topped with a lemon chive burr blanc sauce, and served with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables. The sauce was so good, I asked for extra to drizzle on my sides... Best dish I've ever had in my life! My server suggested that I save room for dessert.... I am usually a chocolate lover, but their featured dessert was a home made whipped cream cheesecake topped with warm bananas foster. Ah-ma-zing!! If you are looking for an affordable, tasty meal, Oyster Bay will not disappoint!

2 Thank Crestgirl22
Cape May Court House
“Best Restaurant in Cape May”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

As a retired person in Cape May County, who eats out very often, I can tell you in all honesty that Oyster Bay is my first choice of any restaurant in the area. No phoney fronts...beautiful inside with excellent service and the best food around. Great steaks and seafood... You could die for their whipped cream cheese cake! They do have a comfortable bar area which is separated from the dining areas so you never feel a bar atmosphere... 'Casual Class' is how I would classify it.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ruth J
“Wow great place. Never disappointed.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Chicken soup with wild mushrooms was great. We had Roast Duck Breast was cooked just the way I ordered it. The Broiled Grouper was prepared just rite. We come here every time we visit Cape May.

1 Thank Vlastaras