“the BEST crabcakes”

Oyster Bay Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Oyster Bay Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean Street
Description: There’s no savory delight quite like the culinary combination of seafood and steak. Why not treat yourself to the best of both at Oyster Bay Steak & Seafood Restaurant? We offer an astounding experience made memorable by our talented chefs and fast, friendly wait staff. So make today the day you dine at Oyster Bay Steak & Seafood Restaurant. We have the freshest local seafood and best Angus beef around. And if that’s not enough, you can enjoy your favorite cocktails or the choicest wine at our inviting new bar! We even offer free parking on our lot. What’s not to like? Visit us today!
Reviewed October 21, 2007

We go past this restaurant every time we go to Cape May. Well, we finally decided to try it. Are we glad we did!! The crab cakes are the BEST ever! Creamy on the inside, crunchy on the outside (they use Panko crumbs). Steaks are great also. I had a wonderful mascarpone/ passion fruit dessert. The presentation was beautiful, the taste was heavenly. Will absolutely dine here again.

Reviewed August 4, 2007

If yiu really like to have the best dinner in Cape May ,that's the place to go.Food is dellicious,deserts are to die for,service is great.It is pricy but it is worth it,you will definetely enjoy your dinner.

Reviewed July 30, 2006

I really wanted to like this restaurant because it is reasonably priced, but I didn't. It seems to WANT to be a fine dining restaurant, but it just doesn't make it:

1) The wait staff is friendly but unprofessional. The young girl who served us didn't pour our wine once during the entire night. Also, when she opened the wine, she started to pour it and then, as an afterthought, asked, "Did you want to taste this?" Where's the training?

2) The menu was plastic (with a wine list printed on the back), the butter tabs were in paper, and the sugar was in packets.

3) They don't serve bottled water. What place doesn't serve bottled water in this day and age?

4) They don't serve espresso.

5) Finally, and most important, the food is below average. The shrimp cocktail was undercooked. The garlic bread looked like the type you get in the freezer section of the grocery store and heat up. The crabcakes weren't cooked in the middle. My husband's rice pilaf was overcooked. The green beans were tasteless and seemed as if they came from a can. The cheesecake was no better than Sara Lee.

On a positive note, the restaurant is nice looking (despite the fact that the outside view is of the ACME parking lot). However, there's absolutely no reason for me to return to this restaurant. If you're looking for diner food at higher prices and a bit nicer environment, then this restaurant is for you.

6  Thank misterdarcy
Reviewed June 22, 2006

We happened upon this restaurant by taking a wrong turn, and I'm so glad we did! The food was so delicious, the service so great and the drink menu so fantastic - we ate there two nights in a row. The restaurant is classy, not stuffy. The menu is enough to suit seafood lovers, pasta or steak lovers. The lobster and crab crostini appetizer was to die for! They have a vast martini menu and though I'm not a fan of fancy drinks, I decided to indulge. The raspberry martini was so good, I had three! In future visits to Cape May, we will definitely return to this restaurant.

4  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed June 12, 2006

My husband and I went to Oyster Bay this past weekend. We did not have a reservation, but were able to be seated immediately (it was rather late). The food was very good, a bit pricey for my taste, but not when you consider where you're at. The service couldn't have been better, and the decor is beautifully done. We would go there again.

3  Thank Tara70PHL