“Keep going back!”
Review of The Eldredge House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Eldredge House
Ranked #30 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Keep going back!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've stayed at the Eldrege House a number of times. The location is great. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. The owner Todd is second to none as a host. Always helpful and available. He's also great at making dinner recommendations.

Beach chairs and towels are available at the house. Just in case you forget!

Having a great place to stay can make or break your visit. The Eldrege house exceeds the expectations everytime.

Thanks Todd!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were in Cape May to attend a wedding and I was looking for something comfortable and affordable with a possible one night stay. I am very pleased that we found The Eldredge House which met these requirements and more. Todd was incredibly helpful, even offering to give us a ride home from the celebration if needed! The weather was much better than expected and Todd set us up with beach chairs and towels--which really equipped us to have a great afternoon at Cape May State Park, a short drive from the Eldredge House. Breakfast across the street was convenient and worked out fine. We are from the DC area and took the ferry from Lewes which created a very relaxing trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Weston, FL
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I just got back from a wonderful stay at the Eldredge House in Cape May, New Jersey. Every time I vacation in New Jersey I go to the same location. I love the house, the sense of history is all around you. The rooms are always very nice and clean and I love the location.

I also enjoy sitting in the yard with all the surrounding beautiful gardens. A nice walk to all the shops, restaurants and beaches.

I always enjoy my time at The Eldredge House.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank well_G_Traveled
Newton, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My recent stay at the Eldredge House was a wonderful weekend. The rooms are decorated beautifully; ours the Captain’s Room had a very large private bath. I found the room to be extremely clean and had all the amenities that I needed. The grounds are a very pretty garden setting with private off street parking. The inn was charming and located close enough to everything just a few blocks away from all the crowds in town. I also loved the breakfast voucher system that the Eldredge House uses. Unlike other B &B’s where you have to eat with the other guests and at a specific time, the Eldredge House gives you breakfast vouchers that can be used at several area restaurants. So we were able to sleep in and experience different restaurants all on our own time schedule. I loved our stay at the Eldredge House and will soon be booking our return visit, the innkeeper Todd is very accommodating and made me feel right at home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon P
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Todd (the owner) created the most beautiful, charming, comfortable inn---it's like a sanctuary in Cape May. The other houses I've stayed in are lovely, but The Eldrege house makes me want to come back year after year. It always smells amazing, too. It is one of the main reasons I love Cape May.

• Stayed June 2012
New York
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed at The Eldredge House in November last year, and in March this year, and it was a wonderful experience. The house is wonderfully kept, so comfortable, and Todd, the innkeeper is a wonderful and caring host.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LiliNY27
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend at the Eldridge house and we loved it. Everything about the house is charming. There is a lovely front yard and backyard with seating areas. Our room was beautifully decorated and very cozy. The place has a very nice energy about it. Parking is provided on the grounds, and it is close to everything you'd want to see in Cape May. We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple