“Our first stay at a B & B”

The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #15 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2010

This was our first trip to a B & B ever. I would hate to stay anywhere else because I would be dissappointed if it couldn't live up to the expectations I now have of a B & B. Patty, the innkeeper, was wonderful. She makes the best chocolate chip cookes that I have ever tasted. Patty sat and talked with us when we first checked in. She made us feel so comfortable in "her home". We stayed in the Warne Suite on the third floor. When we first went to our room I was worried that we would hear everything in the house below us, and that below us would hear us upstairs. Everything was so quite and peaceful. Loved the jacuzzi in the room.Also, the location of The Mason Cottage could not have been better. It's on Columbia at the end of Gurney Street. So when you look out your window, or sit on the front porch you can see and hear the ocean. It's within walking distance to the Washingstreet Mall (which I highly recommend the Carriage ride, it's worth the money), The Merion Inn, and the beach. Patty made some recommendations to us to visit the Seaside Cheese Shop, Cape May Winery and the Merion Inn. Everything was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 23, 2010

My wife won't leave me alone about staying at the Mason Cottage again! We happened on it and it was perfect. Great location to the beach and the staff was very helpfull with recommedations for dinner and nightlife, not to mention the great breakfast.

Can't wait to get back!!

Heidi G.
Cheltenham, PA

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2010

It's not just the beach, the history or the quaint Victorian charm - it's the total immersion into another time, a bygone era. I've been to many B&B's in town and few do it as well as the Mason Cottage. They've nailed it - not just the accomodations, service and food, but that intangible aura of the quintessential Cape May experience. Those childhood memories recaptured. The building is beautiful, Patti's food and attention to detail is top-notch, and the rooms are cozy. Just a terrific weekend and a memorable Cape May stay. Be sure not to miss tea time.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This is a fantastically situated B&B in a charming Cape May inn. Beautifully and tastefully decorated throughout, it is clean, elegant, and makes you feel as if you have travelled back in time with its period decorations. Patti the inn-keeper is a charming hostess and cooks amazing breakfasts - we will definitiely be returning soon! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2010

We stayed at the Mason Cottage during the worst winter they have probably ever had in Cape May. Even though many of the streets were impassable and it was freezing outside, our stay was delightful. Our suite was surprizingly spacious, cozy, warm, and spotlessly clean. Our bedroom offered a window seat facing directly to the ocean with a wonderful view - something you rarely find on Columbia Avenue. The bathroom contained a jacuzzi - a welcome relief after climbing mountains of snow in the cold and wind. A sitting room with a gas fireplace was a wonderful extra touch. When the outdoors got to be too much, we could enjoy some reading by the fire. Patti was the perfect hostess and her cooking was terrific. The all-chocolate afternoon tea (their February specialty) was heaven for chocoholics like us. We look forward to going back next winter. We might try to get there during the summer as well. And I'm sure the beach would be even more enjoyable without two feet of snowing covering it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2010

This place is a GEM! Very comfortable, relaxing (I slept like a baby!) and friendly - not to mention had a delicious breakfast. I will definitely go back and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed at the cottage to celebrate my birthday. I did not know very much about the
B and B's in the Cape but had heard about the Mason Cottage from word of mouth. What a great weekend of pampering. Tea time was my favorite, it took me right back in time. The view from our window was wonderful, the ocean is right there, the location at the head of the street is perfect. The innkeeper was very helpful and directed us to the best restauraunt down the street(I cannot recall the name). We stayed two nights, I could have stayed ten more. It was a very romantic weekend! The shops were so close!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple