“Old Fashion Hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #12 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Hauppauge, NY
“Old Fashion Hospitality”
Reviewed May 2, 2009

The Mason Cottage totally exceeded our expectations. The cottage is lovely although it was still undergoing some sprucing up while we were staying there. The location is perfect. It is a block from the beach and a block from the Washington Street shops. Patti, the innkeeper is the cottage's best asset as she is very friendly and can't do enough for you. While we were enjoying the rocking chairs on the porch in the morning, she offered to set our breakfast up outside. The breakfast she prepares and the treats in the afternoon are all so delicious and the presentation is lovely but not stuffy. She got beach chairs for the beach, ice for our picnic basket, boiled water for my non stop obsession for tea, and made reservations for our dinner faster than I could finish my sentence. The room was great. We had the opportunity to meet the owners of the cottage who are also quite nice and very hard working as they were landscaping the front yard. I 'm sorry I have no pictures to post but I would say the pictures on the website are very true to reality. I hope I havent' made this review so great that I will not be able to get a reservation when I try to book next year!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Mason Cottage and we had a wonderful time. The inn, as well as our room was beautiful (we stayed in the Davis Suite) and the breakfasts were wonderful. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed January 19, 2009

I went to the Mason Cottage at the end of November with my girlfriend for a romantic weekend in Cape May. We had never been to this B&B before and I wasn't even sure of the location until we arrived. When we pulled up outside, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was right in the center of town, about 1 block from the Ocean and 1 block from the outdoor mall. This gave us prime access to walk to everything we wanted to see and get some great shopping done at the drop of a hat. The innkeepers, Anthony and Donna, were extremely nice and accomodating. The breakfasts were simply delicious every morning and Anthony was always joking around. The rooms were spacious and much bigger than I expected. Even the bathroom was huge! All things considered, I would certainly go back again. The owners should really feel lucky to have such amazing innkeepers running their B&B.

• Liked — Location and Innkeepers
  • Disliked — Window rattled in the wind
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Helcaraxe