Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Terrible
Property 9021
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Storytell...
“Unfortunately, will not be staying again.”
Reviewed September 19, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

I don't ever want to anyone to think I am doing this out of malice. This is only going up here as a warning for anyone who has a small family and wants a cute little vacation rental. This is NOT the one for you. I was extremely unsatisfied and angry after the way we were treated during our stay here. My husband and I paid in full earlier in the year (March) when we decided to rent this adorable apartment/in-law suite a block from the beach for an August vacation. We arrived Saturday greeted by the owner and it was just what we wanted- a place to lay our heads and things while we spent time outdoors and as an added bonus, we were offered the front porch, backyard and front yard for the price. We were beyond excited to have our first (very own) family jersey shore vacation that had all been talk before this. Our son is 2 years old and very active so we moved a few vases and fragile decorations up high so they wouldn't be disturbed. That Wednesday, we had my brother, sister in-law, my mother, 2 friends and their 2 children come down for a day at the beach and dinner out at night. After a long day playing in the sand, we sat on the porch and watched the children play in the yard at around 6:30 and then went to dinner shortly after until 11pm. They left immediately after and my husband, son and I settled in for the night. The next day, while on the beach, I received a phone call from the realtor saying they were sending over an inspector due to a neighbor reporting "a party" to the owner the night before. A party. The neighbor who lives 2 doors down, watched us the whole time making sure we didn't breathe wrong on anything. It was unreal. We paid to be in this home as our own for a week and respected it like it was our own. That afternoon, the owner arrived before we came back from the beach and stayed the duration of our trip. We showered to meet for dinner to celebrate my mother's birthday and as we were getting ready to leave, the owner (who is elderly) was scrubbing her outdoor rug on the front porch, on her hands and knees, because of the petals that fell from her hanging flower pots from a few days of an ocean breeze and scattered rain storms at night. I'm not sure if this was to makes us feel guilt for her coming back but it worked. On top of the fact that she came home to watch over us, she had invited her family to come the next day and completely take over the rest of our vacation. (And rightfully so! Most likely, for support on her end, in the event there was a confrontation.) But because of this, we had nowhere outside to reside, which we were paying for. That night I cleaned the apartment top to bottom, worried that this woman would take our security deposit and at the very least I was not giving her that. I was in tears on Thursday as a I spoke to our realtor. We will never be renting again from this woman and it's a shame... she was very sweet but completely on edge. The NEIGHBOR is the real problem here. All of this occurred because of her neighbor. She makes this poor owner paranoid and unable to be at ease with anyone in her home. It's unfortunate because we really did love the home. I hope this doesn't happen to another small family like ours.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travelers are raving about these Cape May hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing