“Great food New managment”

Cold Spring Grange Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 137 Restaurants in Cape May
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We embrace the “farm to table” concept. ​Our ingredients will reflect the season’s bounty.
russdpipes
“Great food New managment”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

There were alot of bad reviews for this place from when it was run by a chef from Philly. They are outdated and couldn't be more wrong. I ate there the other day with my wife and friends, and the food was excellent. Great old building with alot of character. The food isn't the same old food you get everywhere else. I had the chicken pot pie and mac and cheese and couldn't possibly clean my plate anymore than I did. My wife had the fish tacos and she loved them. she said the fish tasted fresh and was battered perfectly. definitly worth the trip the check it out. its too bad they are only seasonal and don't do dinner after 5pm except if you buy tickets to the dinner shows they have on fridays. Don't miss this place if you have a chance to eat here.

1 Thank russdpipes

Cornwall on Hudson, NY
“Excellent service and quality food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Ended our visit to the historic village with lunch at the Old Grange. Very cool building and quality food. Homemade chicken pot pie, fish tacos and crab cake - all recommend. Good service and interesting building.

1 Thank Jeff G
Nutley, New Jersey
“Excellent! A must!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

A fun place to bring kids. Educational and interesting. At the weekend there are themed events which add to the fun. You can let the kids run, have fun playing dress up or try some of the old fashioned games or arts and crafts. A MUST is the restaurant for lunch. Taken over this year the menu is small but everything is home made and delicious! Very welcoming to kids but not your usual burger and fries joint! The carrot soup was so good we brought more home with us. Portions are perfect and the chicken pot pie was excellent and made from scratch with a béchamel sauce and very nice pastry. Sometimes you can judge a place by how it does the simplest things. My daughter had chicken tenders that were lightly breaded and not dry at all. She loved them! Service was excellent and very attentive. One of the best dining experiences we have had in the 5 years of coming to this area.

3 Thank Celtictundra
new jersey
“New management better service and food”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family and I had a lovely breakfast here.We were seated by an adorable hostess. Our waiter was very attentive making sure we had enough water and coffee. He asked how are vacation was and shared with us his August deployment to the Marines. Great bacon.blueberry pancakes and omelettes. Only rough spot was toast came out late and just one slice.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank quietmanNY
Roseland, New Jersey
“What a Disappointment”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I wrote the review Cape May's Best Kept Secret. The first time everything was terrific. We were looking forward to going back and brought 6 friends. The second time was terrible. The portions were half the size. They were out of 1 of the 2 choices of soup. The egg drop soup was tasteless. Out of the special salad. The beet salad tasteless beet juice dressing. Served bread after the soup and salad. Service was not good. Overall is was so radically different then our first time we still cannot believe it. With this inconsistency Old Grange will not last. I really thought we had found a winner. I guess not.

• Visited September 2012
Vincent B, Owner at Cold Spring Grange Restaurant, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
ERK616 I would like to let you know I am the new Owner and Chef of Cold Spring Grange Restaurant. I took over in 2013 I would very much like you to come back and try out the new menu. Thank you