This is the second time my husband and I stayed at the Buckingham. It's definitely a "no frills" motel, but we like it because of it's location (right across from the beach), and it's less expensive than the other hotels/motels in the same location. Another reviewer said it best "basic and clean" There is no pool, no restaurant, etc, but it's clean and quiet. Last time we stayed we had a basic room on the first floor, this year, we opted for one of the oceanfront rooms, which has a deck (shared by the other ocean front rooms). It was nice to keep the windows open and listen to the surf at night and also to have coffee on the deck in the morning while watching the dolphins frolic in the ocean (each morning there were pods of dolphins swimming in the ocean, very cool to watch them through binoculars). There doesn't seem to be a lot of kids staying here (which is nice for a couple with no children), probably because there is no pool, but who cares about a pool when you're steps from the ocean. I'll list out the pros and cons:
PROS: Inexpensive (for Cape May), clean, right across from beach, within walking distance from middle of town and from shopping areas (though it is quite a long walk if you have trouble walking).
CONS: No pool, prices went up since the last time I stayed.
In a nutshell, not a luxury hotel by any means, but when I go down the shore, I just want a place to sleep and it's clean and comfortable. Added plus, is that it's right across from the beach. I was a bit disappointed that the prices went up this year, the value for your money is not as much as it used to be. TIP: When I go to Cape May, I like to stay in a B&B if it's off-season, and you're there for the history or to walk around town and at the Buckingham during the summer, if you're there for the beach. P.S. I got a kick out of some of the reviews that complained about WIFI - put the technology down people, you're at the beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Buckingham Motel is an oceanfront getaway location that provides affordable rooms with a full range of amenities. Our location allows you to take advantage of Cape May's sparkling white sand beaches, entertaining local seashore activities, quaint historic surroundings, and gourmet eateries. Our commitment to you, our valued customer, and Cape May shines through in all of our services, including our meticulous attention to details and all of our amenities. It is always our top priority to provide you with hospitable service in order to make your stay in beautiful Cape May as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. At The Buckingham Motel, we are here to cater to your every need and look to be a vacation destination for you and your family for years to come! If you, your family and friends are looking for motels in NJ or beach motels with breathtaking views at affordable rates, please get in touch with our friendly staff at The Buckingham Motel today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Buckingham Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buckingham Motel Cape May
- Buckingham Hotel Cape May