“Yummy!”

The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 142 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Franklin St
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Blue Rose Inn from 2/21/14-2/23/14. We chose this specific bed and breakfast because there was an attached restaurant and If we didn't feel like going to far we could just stay in.

For starters, the food is amazzzzing! Our first night we had dinner there and I had the crab cakes and my husband had the skirt steak. Both meals done perfectly. The freshness of the crab cakes was obvious and so flavorful.

Breakfast there was no joke. Only the best ingredients! Our first breakfast I had the french toast and the next morning I had the sour cream pancakes. The portions are huge and even though I felt full I couldn't stop eating :)

Coffee was served in a french press and was a flavorful brew. The owners are constantly checking on you and there if you need anything or request any more food. I only have great things to say about this restaurant! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Fresh, delicious, eclectic and homey all wrapped into one. Awesome breakfast and dinner ... don't miss out ... best meal in Cape May!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I found this restaurant on line and checked the reviews on a variety of sites. Although the Inn & Restaurant was relatively new (opened in Spring, 2013), all of the reviews were very positive, so we thought we'd give it a try. I did have some difficulty getting information about the menu and confirming reservations for NYE, but persisted. Initially, we were a party of 5, it grew by one to 6 and then 4 additional friends decided to join us, so we were a party of 10. When I called to modify the reservation with 4 additional members to our party, they readily accommodated the request, so we were very pleased.

The Inn is lovely, and the holiday decorations were appropriate to the Victorian design. While the dining area is small, it comfortably accommodated all of the guests. As a family-run business, there was clearly a sense of pride in their endeavor--two of the owners visited our table to ask how we enjoyed the meal. This coupled with the attentiveness of the wait-staff made our evening very special.

Now, the meal. It was a fixed price menu with a variety of choices in each of the four courses offered. Everyone in the party thoroughly enjoyed each course selected. Of particular note were the beautifully plated duck confit ravioli, gnocchi, short ribs and roasted pork. It was all very delicious. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Blanej00
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was my our first visit to the Blue Rose even though we visit Cape May every Christmas (2013 was our 15th Christmas). It was formerly Alexander's which had developed somewhat of a poor reputation. It has been redone/remodeled and reopened as the Blue Rose last Memorial Day (2013). Our visit was on a Monday night (before Christmas) and we were the only ones there (that we saw). The food was phenomenal and, since we happened to be their only customers, the service was as you would expect ... also fantastic. We'd highly recommend the Blue Rose and plan on eating there again next year.

1  Thank Scott L
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were down this past weekend celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary and decided to try the Blue Rose for brunch. It was a great decision on our part. My husband had homemade oatmeal pancakes that were amazing and I enjoyed the Chef's Omelette of the day which had lumps of crab meat, bacon and gruyere cheese. I would definitely go back there again for brunch and would love to stay there as a guest sometime when we get back down again to Cape May.

2  Thank alriss24