“Special Place”

Big Wave Burritos
Ranked #71 of 145 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have long thought that Gecko's had the best Mexican food in Cape May. I was wrong. Last Summer I visited Big Wave Burritos and had one delicious, fresh meal that blew my socks off. Tacos, burritos, etc are all fantastic.

For those that lament the decor or lack of air conditioning, understand what this place is. It is a made to order, take-out restaurant with limited seating and amenities. If you want the Blue Pig experience, head out to Congress Hall. I particularly love how this restaurant seems to be a haunt of locals and delivers fresh delicious food year-round.

Big Wave Burritos made my 'must visit' list for any time I am in Cape May. If you choose to skip this restaurant due to lack of polish, you are simply missing out on one of the best food experiences in Cape May.

4  Thank Coltranes

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had a taco salad, chicken burrito and a bean bowl which is similar to a layered dip. All was excellent. large portions and good presentation. The tortilla chips were made on site and were fantastic. Get it to go.

1  Thank Lindsey B
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great food, great ingredients, great rio bowl, great prices, great decor, lovely staff. You can tell when a business is well-cared-for by its owners, and this restaurant definitely is. Always open, consistently delivering a quality product, and great hot sauce choices!

1  Thank Wesleylll
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Let me just start by saying my husband and I are not big fans of spicy type Mexican food but this place came highly recommended so we figured we would give it a shot. I had ordered the taco salad which came in it's own shell that was fried so lightly it tasted like the first one of the day (which it wasn't). My husband ordered chicken fajitas and he could not get enough. So much so that it was all we talked about and went back the next day as well for lunch. We actually told people we were staying with at the Mission Inn about it and then they went and thought the same as well. If you are in Cape May, this place is a MUST!!

1  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great Mexican food. The vibe is laid back and I appreciate the decor. They have a bunch of hot sauces to choose from which is great. We've gotten take-out from here and it's consistently good. I grew up in Southern California; I know good Mexican food...the food is very good but a little pricey.

I'll return every year and overpay because I appreciate that there is finally a place to get a great burrito with fresh ingredients!

2  Thank Charlie T