“Good food - Cash only”

The Y.B.
Ranked #43 of 137 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the Beachfront Between Perry and Jackson Street
P
“Good food - Cash only”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The food at YB is good. My finance ordered two appetizers as his meal and they were too small to fill him up. The fish taco appetizer was good but would be better with more fish. I ordered the steak with duck fries which was good. Not a bad meal but I wasn't blown away.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Skylark018

Rensselaer, New York
“A reasonably priced place in an over priced town”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went to YB for dinner on a Sunday night in the off season (early May) Had a wonderful time, the food was really excellent, I'm a chef/baker, and was surprised and delighted at every turn. We started with a crab cake and the mac and cheese poppers. My husband threatened to cancel his dinner and order two more of the mac and cheese. My husband had the steak, he said it was flavorful and perfectly cooked. I had the mahi-mahi. It was perfectly cooked, the flavors were excellent, the only thing that distracted was a paint of Dijon, which was a little hot for me, but I'm sure others will like it just fine. For dessert we had an Oreo waffle with nutella cream, just heavenly. The prices are reasonable. Dinner for two (2 apps, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, 2 non alcoholic beverages came to $75) for this price in Cape May was awesome! The waiter was great, and the Chef came in at the end of the meal, I stopped and we chatted for about 20 minutes. Just a great place, we'll be glad to visit again, if we get back to Cape May! The only reason it didn't receive 5 stars was it didn't serve alcohol, but they do embrace BYOB.

2 Thank mrssalhoff
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“What a nice surprise!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We came upon the restaurant by surprise. The name was intriguing and the inside looked trendy yet casual.
The chef and owner is such a charming young man and the wait staff couldn't have been more friendly and efficient.
I have a very strong aversion to Cilantro, but the chef walked me through the menu choices and put together a tasty meal sans Cilantro.
My husband enjoyed his entree, as well.
Hopefully, they will lighten up on the Cilantro selections, but otherwise it was a great evening and we really enjoyed ourselves.

1 Thank GeeGeeThompson99
Baltimore, Maryland
“A good value with some interesting dishes”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We visited Cape May off-season and were glad to find this restaurant open on a Wednesday evening. We had checked out some other restaurants and found they were either closed or very pricey. In general I would say the food here was consistently better than average and almost exceptional. Given the reasonable pricing that makes it a real value in Cape May.

Our appetizers were good - swordfish tacos and Chorizo flatbread. Not really anything unusual, though. The tacos were flavored with sesame oil and ginger and the flatbread was basically a small thin-crust pizza with tasty chorizo. We also tried some duck fat fries (had been hearing about how good they are) and agreed that they were tasty, but didn't seem very different from regular fries.

The entrees were close to exceptional. The Mahi-Mahi on cous-cous was expertly cooked but the brown sugar onions did not seem to fit with the rest of the dish (a small complaint on an otherwise good dish). The star of the meal was the dark meat turkey on chorizo-cornbread stuffing with cranberry relish. This dish would definitely have made it to exceptional if the turkey had been slightly less salty. I am not sure exactly how it had been prepared (smoked?), but it was delicious - tasted a lot like ham. The stuffing and cranberry relish was a perfect compliment to the turkey.

We passed on dessert (too full from the large portions of food).

I am sure that with their reasonable prices and tasty dishes, this restaurant should have a long life serving Cape May visitors.

2 Thank redcaw
Washington, DC
“Fabulous food, BYOB and a relaxed atmosphere - Perfection!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Everything is fresh and simply prepared! We thoroughly enjoyed the salmon, cod and steak du jour. Great service, too!

Visited April 2013