“wonderful dinner!”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 7, 2013

George's is a Greek diner/restaurant with casual ambiance, right across the street from the beach! Food was wonderful, very reasonable, and portions were very generous! We had the flambed cheese for appetizer- wonderful!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This place is very small, but perfect for lunch on a September Monday. We arrived around noon and they offered brunch, which was a nice surprise. The waitress was attentive and brought my son's food out as soon as it was ready! The menu had variety and interesting options. Food tasted fresh and flavorful. It has a diner vibe, but food is top notch. I saw another patron's gyro and will be returning to try one for myself!!! Highly recommend.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went to George's Place for breakfast while in Cape May. It was featured on "Divers, Drive-ins and Dives," so thought we'd check it out. We enjoyed a great breakfast in this unassuming diner. The prices were the most reasonable of all the meals we had in Cape May. In addition to the food, also enjoyed the background music and the courteous service. Next trip we'll check out lunch and dinner! Highly recommend. Value is fantastic!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

There was a slimy substance in my coffee. I had to spit in into a napkin. Then I took my fork and pulled a rather large amount out of my coffee cup. There were also numerous flies and small bugs in the window everywhere that had me ready to depart before the atrocious substance a found in my coffee. Needless to say I called our waitress over and she said the just the creamer. The creamer that they use is the individual ones that I have used thousands of times and never had this problem, never heard of anything remotely close. I actually pulled more slim out of my cup on my fork than could even fit inside the one small creamer that I used. Not possible that it was the creamer. I offered to pay for the coffee and told the waitress that I can't eat here. She shook her head and say I understand. She seem kind of like this was a usual occurrence here. Word to the wise EAT somewhere else NOT at George's Place. There are so many great places to eat in Cape May. My family has a vacation home there for 15 plus years.

4  Thank SPWITT
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Went to George's on a friend's recommendation for breakfast. I had the banana French toast. I love French toast and haven't found many I like better than Food Network's Alton Brown's version. George's Banana French Toast may be the best French toast I have ever had in my life. It was perfectly battered and cooked with a very tasty but not too sweet banana foster in between slices and a dusting of cinnamon sugar on the plate. It was a gorgeous presentation outdone only by the taste. My wife had the Limoncello French Toast and was equally pleased. A relative got an omelette and said it may have been the tastiest he had ever had and like me he is not prone to statements of extremes very often.