“Fresh Greek Fare”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and our 2 year old visited George's for dinner between 5 & 6 pm on a Sat. and we enjoyed it very much.

The Dinner menu is strictly greek so I really wouldnt suggest bringing young kids looking to eat the usual chicken fingers and fries. Our little one did alright and liked the pita but we wound up getting her a slice of pizza at afterwards because she didn't eat all that much.

That aside, it was wonderful. The servers were pretty attentive, though we brought a bottle of chilled white wine and no bucket of ice was brought over (no biggie really). They serve the wine in what looks like mini double old fashioned glasses which we felt added a rustic, mediterranean touch.

We ordered the Spanikopita to start, which may have been one of the best we've had. It was creamy and well seasoned inside and crispy on the outside, very good texture. They use a very nice salty feta on all of their dishes that does the trick.

I had the salmon and my wife had the chicken santorini both of which were dynamite. The chicken was very tender and the salmon cooked well (wouldve liked it a little more underdone, but it wasnt a deal breaker) and they serve a salad with all of the entrees (on the same plate).

All in all a very enjoyable evening and all for under 50$. Would definitely come back, but if we bring our little one it would only be for lunch or breakfast.

1  Thank CapeMay97

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family and I went to George's place for breakfast. The diner is very small, but there was no wait. I had the banana Nutella waffle and it was excellent. My kids split the blueberry pancakes. When they first came out, the pancakes were raw and gooey in the middle. The waitress apologized and quickly got them out another order. They also took the pancakes off of the bill. The place only takes cash, so make sure you are prepared. We would go back again the next time we are in Cape May.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

this place is so good, yes it's small and the seating is all booths,
( there are two small tables also) and kind of loud do to the space but the food is amazing. For breakfast try the pita wrap. My sister had the french toast and loved it. Two people, breakfast in cape may for 20 bucks, yes i said $20.00. Run to George's now.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

great breakfast. great dinners. great service. hate having to wait because the place is so damn small but the food is definitely worth the wait.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

After reading the reviews we decided to try it. Called several times before someone answered. Kept getting voicemail that mailbox was full. Was able to get a reservation for last night. It's on a corner, all booths. A large group was there sharing two booths, going back and forth making a lot of noise, not the restaurants fault, but made it very noisy.we were seated in last booth, I could watch them washing the dishes in the kitchen! It was ok, matched the ambiance of restaurant. Waitress was so nice, didn't care. Ordered spinach pie (spanikopita) $8.50 delicious once I scraped the feta cheese off (don't like feta but didn't know it came on top). Had the crab cakes, $14.95 tasty but very small. Greek salad and eggplant orzo took up the whole plate but was delicious. Hubby had lamb chops, $18.95, only 4 small ones but delicious. We were plenty full from the salad and orzo. It's byob but they give you juice glasses not wine glasses. Overall it was a great meal at a great price for cape may! Oh and cash only! If its a nice night you can walk to the street mall from there.