“Needs a good cleaning” 3 of 5 bubbles

Tony's Pizzeria
Ranked #95 of 137 Restaurants in Cape May
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ocean City, Maryland
“Needs a good cleaning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stopped here to get a sandwich after a day in Wildwood and Cape May before getting back on the ferry to go to Delaware. We had been here before and remember the subs being really good. We went in and ordered 4 subs to go. While our food was being prepared, I went into the bathroom with my two 15 year olds to wash our hands. If I had gone into this bathroom before I ordered I would have walked right out. It was horrendously dirty. The outside door had black filth on it by the handle, the floor was dirty, not only did the unisex bathroom look like it look like it had NEVER been cleaned, the smell was even worse. We cautiously proceeded to wash our hands but, surprise, there was no soap. We asked the girl that took our order for soap and it was somewhat of a hassle to get it. I now wondered how did the person who is making our sandwiches wash his hands? When we finally got the soap, we found that there were no paper towels and a man who may have been the owner gave us some after we had to use napkins from a table to dry our hands. I checked the Board of Health certificate that was posted on their wall and it looked legit and up to date, I thought Cape May would have higher standards for cleanliness than this. Also, as we were waiting for our sandwiches that I no longer wanted, we stood and watched many flies land on the pizzas in the display case that are sold as slices. I'm embarrassed to say, but I did eat part of my sandwich and it was tasty but I would never go in here again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marylandusacpl

Potomac, Maryland
“Good pizza at the shore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We ordered 2 pies for delivery while staying at the shore for the week of July 4th. Pies were well cooked, NY style with the right amount of cheese and plenty of toppings. The crust held up and the Pizzas didn't fall apart when eaten. Turnaround time was pretty quick, about 30 minutes from order to door.

Visited July 2012
Springfield, New Jersey
“eh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

While on the Cape May Whale Watcher tour, they served pizza from Tony's. It was either that or eat a hot dog. I had two cheese slices. I found them okay, though the crust could have been cooked a little longer.

Visited July 2012
Cape May, New Jersey
“He make a Excellant pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Excellant pizza the biggest in the Cape May Area. Be Carefull pulling in off of the busy highway.

Visited April 2012
Rowlett, Texas, USA
“Decent food close to the whale/dolphin watching”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

The food was good. You order and pickup the food, no service. It appears to be family run. Pieces of pizza are enormous, so good value. They apparently do a lot of business, because it was busy when we were there. It's a small place. The bathroom is small and could be cleaner, but if you order the food to go, you won't care.

Visited May 2012