“Perfect for a fancy but quiet dinner!”
Review of Axelsson's Blue Claw Restaurant - CLOSED

Axelsson's Blue Claw Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Start with your favorite cocktail and half-price raw bar items nightly from 5-6pm in the cherrywood Pub. For light bites, sample the pub menu. In the dining rooms, enjoy early dinner specials from 5-6pm. The renowned Prussian Pearls and Softshell Crabs, in season, are the ultimate favorites. There are three dining rooms and the bar. In cooler months, two fireplaces are lit. The ambiance is comfortable and unpretentious, in addition to a caring, friendly staff.
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place is a bit pricey but the service was impeccable and food delicious. Its perfect for a fancy birthday night out or quiet dinner for two. Excellent bartender as well.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We treated my mother-in-law to dinner at the Blue Crab on Friday, August 24th. We usually take her to Washington Inn, but wanted to tray something different this time. (This was the first visit for all of us.) Well, we should have kept with Plan A because other than the crab cake, the food was mediocre. I enjoyed the pear and gorgonzola salad, however, the canned pear was quite a shock! Was it too much to expect a fresh sliced pear? My mother-in-law enjoyed her salad wedge, but my husband got the worst cesar salad ever. He usually does not complain, so I tasted it...it was very salty and the lettuce was old and wilted. We did say something to the waitress, who apologized and said "I'll let the kitchen know"....But to our surprise, she left the $8 salad on the bill! We will not be back.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Enjoyed a nice dinner with a group of friends. Food and service were good. Would return in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a small restaurant out among the marinas and marshes of North Cape May. The tables are nicely appointed but very close together. The crab cakes were very good, but other dishes were odd preparations where attempts to be elegant overwhelmed the flavor of the basic ingredients. The bananas Foster dessert was a mess. Moreover, the restaurant is fairly expensive.

2  Thank Jack37
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This place is set in between Cape May and Wildwood Crest, NJ. We were given a gift certificate by our nieces and nephews for our wedding last month and we went there tonight. The owner and his wife greeted us and we went to their bar for a drink. Great bar, bartender and martini. Got window seats for dinner and great service. The food was great. I had the Crab Dewey which was awesome and my wife, Cathy, had the Seafood kabob, again awesome. We both had starters. Cathy had the mushroom crowns stuffed with crab meat which she loved and I had the best wedge I have had in a long while. Then we split the Crab/Corn chowder which was also great. Amanda our server was excellent. All around a great experience. Will go back.

1  Thank GRP1953